1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here for your viewing pleasure is BSACo. Lee-Enfield MKI* Model 1899 dated 1901 serial number A55655 which was issued to PVT Van Buren Arnold, a Yank from Missouri, who emigrated to Canada and enlisted in the 6th Canadian Mounted Rifles, South African Forces at Calgary on April 24 1902. he proceeded to South Africa, was returned to Canada, and struck off strength in consequence of "Disbandment of the Forces." He retained the rifle after leaving service. The rifle still has its original issue oil bottle. I was fortunate obtain this rifle from Arnold's grandson. Here's a 1908 photo of Van Buren and his new bride taken in Browning MO after which they returned to their homestead in Crossfield Alberta which he filed for in 1902. Now all I need is a photo of him in uniform holding the rifle. Here's a 1908 photo of Van Buren and his new bride taken in Browning MO after which they returned to their homestead in Crossfield Alberta which he filed for in 1902. Now all I need is a photo of him in uniform holding the rifle.

Product Flooring Floor Black Musical instrument accessory
Gun Shotgun Metal Trigger Tan
Brown Wood Tan Hardwood Wood stain
Tan
Atmosphere Atmospheric phenomenon World Space Circle
Brown Metal Tan Cylinder Material property
Brown Tan Leather Metal Material property
Brown Metal Steel Silver Household hardware

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.