1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,839 Posts
Welcome from Maine. You're lucky you didn't put your eye out during that right of passage.;) The flying recoil spring plug is often followed by the application of an idiot scratch so be careful.
Now, tell us what 1911 you got and post up some pics!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6E6381EE-3509-4FB8-9B99-99AEC7624311.jpeg
Hey WC145 hows it going. Looks cold up there. Well I have shot the recoil spring out across the room too, but this one that now resides in a parallel universe was the plunger spring assembly. I have managed to avoid the idiot scratch as I read about it before. It’s a DW Valkyrie in 9mm.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
nice gun. basic mistake can be cured by field stripping in a very small, clean room(ask me how I know)

welcome to the show

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pic may look odd how I’m gripping it too. Was sending that to a friend explaining how I plan to reholster. Thumb safety engaged, grip safety disengaged, hammer trapped.

·
6,839 Posts
The pic may look odd how I’m gripping it too. Was sending that to a friend explaining how I plan to reholster. Thumb safety engaged, grip safety disengaged, hammer trapped.
Great pistol to jump into the 1911 world with. Never seen anyone hold one like that to reholster, I can imagine it's going to require some contorting to get it put away. I carried a 1911 on duty and have competed with them for years, never had an issue of any sort reholstering one, have never seen anyone else have a problem, either. Just make sure the thumb safety is engaged.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great pistol to jump into the 1911 world with. Never seen anyone hold one like that to reholster, I can imagine it's going to require some contorting to get it put away. I carried a 1911 on duty and have competed with them for years, never had an issue of any sort reholstering one, have never seen anyone else have a problem, either. Just make sure the thumb safety is engaged.
I carry appendix so it’s a natural position of my hand. If it was strong side I could see your point definitely. Going to work a lot of dry fire reps to get used to the safety for sure. I’m going to make the safety off a part of my firing grip. Do you shoot this way? Feels pretty good to me. Need to work on it of course. Ammo and replacement spring is Oscar mike. Then to the range!

·
6,839 Posts
I carry appendix so it’s a natural position of my hand. If it was strong side I could see your point definitely. Going to work a lot of dry fire reps to get used to the safety for sure. I’m going to make the safety off a part of my firing grip. Do you shoot this way? Feels pretty good to me. Need to work on it of course. Ammo and replacement spring is Oscar mike. Then to the range!
I disengage the safety on the draw but I don't ride it, works for lots of other folks, though.

Reactions: Rooster0311
1 - 20 of 36 Posts