1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Colt Government Model 70 Series Factory Nickel – #09223B70 (1979) - Retro rear sight with Harrison black front sight (pinned) to replace stock sight (slide not altered). Nice trigger, bright bore, tight slide, barrel locks up tight and it is a great shooter ( which is why I put the better sights on it). The slide stop and safety are not nickel, I would guess either armoloy or hard chrome and the "duckbill" beavertail is a drop in. There are two dimples on one side of the trigger guard where previous owner had a “clamp on” squared trigger guard. Was $825- Now $775 (See post #2) delivered with one Colt magazine. No Colt box.
If someone wants the complete NICKEL lower as shown, $475 shipped from an individual to your FFL. If it must come from an FFL add $25. I will not separate the SS 1911.

Colt Government- Combat Special Copy- 80 Series stainless steel. #CV25244 (2006 on frame- this frame was chosen due to slide fitting properly) I wanted this Colt set up like a Combat Special without the billboard on the slide. The rear sight is Bomar, the front sight is dovetailed in and it has a flat top slide (orange paint comes off easily). The Colt barrel was picked out of serveral for fit and it has an EGW bushing, finger tight but still tight enough. The slide has very little movement side to side, not Baer tight but no slop (as I said above the slide was “matched” to this frame). The front strap is undercut for a high grip, the Brown beavertail safety is nicely blended, and it has a trigger job with a Greider long match trigger. No sharp edges. The stainless has a matte finish as it should for carry. If I were to keep it I would change out the mainspring housing and I would put on an extended safety. Not sure on the front strap, probably serrated. The work was done by Joe Daniel, a local gunsmith. See the link below to show Joe’s qualifications. Was $950 now $850 - Only price reduction delivered with one Wilson magazine. No Colt box.
https://schooloftrades.edu/alumni/
I can email more pics, did not want to make the listing so slow to load with too many pics.
Shipment may be slightly delayed due to current situation. I can take discreet Paypal friends and family or buyer pays fee, money order, or personal check but it must clear before shipping.
Nickel Left Best.jpg
Nickel Slide Top Best.jpg
Image Right Best.jpg
Colt SS Left Side Best.jpg
Colt SS Right Side best.jpg
Colt SS Top of Slide Best.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I feel the lack of interest is a combination of our crazy times and my pricing may be off. I will leave these on the forum and I am open to offers (no trades at this time). If you are interested let me know. As I am not desperate to sell, just trying to "thin the herd" low ball offers will be cordially refused.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do you have the original grip safety for the nickel gun? I am very interested in the nickel. The first gun I ever bought for myself was a nickel series 70 I bought from a fellow soldier when I was 18....in New York no less! I sold it after I got hurt and needed the money and have regretted it for 25 years

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do not have the original grip safety. I will check with a friend that has a stash of parts to find out if he has one. I should know in a day or two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts