Boudin

Discussion in 'Munchies' started by nmbuzz, May 5, 2019.

1. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    My friend had his Cajun themed annual birthday party for his wife on Saturday. Crawfish boil
    (ordered in huge mudbugs) , corn & taters, chicken on the grill, etc. So I wanted to make something to bring that would be in keeping of the theme. Looked up Cajun dishes online and found boudin sausage. Had never heard of it till 10-14 days ago. Called the local (50 miles one way) markets here and got ..."never heard of it and no we don't have frozen crawfish."
    So a little research later and I made my own. Pork and Shrimp boudin. Jellyroll cut a couple pork loins , stuffed em with the boudin , then on the smoker and then made "boudin balls" out of the rest. Whipped up some Cajun mustard and also some remoulade sauce for dipping the balls.

HoooWeeee!!!! I gunna tol yu one time....an I don ly......yu gunna luv it... yu gunna luv it!!!

My Beaumont relocated , semi coonass, (their dog is named Zydeco) friends were beside themselves. As were the rest of the folk. Big hit. My ego was massaged. Next batch will be stuffed in casings and smoked. Daayumm.

Cooked the rice in the stock.[​IMG]

Meats and veggies ready to grind[​IMG]

Loins all rolled up and trussed[​IMG]

Sometimes I think I just smoke thermometers[​IMG]

Deep frying boudin balls can be a little repetitious. The zydeco music and a Negra Modelo kept
    me in the game.
    .[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Self explanatory

[​IMG]

Jimhoag, KS95B40, gps man and 11 others like this.
  2. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    They say you are what you eat...I guess, or take it, your a King. You're killing me Buzzster!

KS95B40, limbkiller and nmbuzz like this.

3. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Boudin is GREAT!

KS95B40 and nmbuzz like this.
  4. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    "Sometimes I think I just smoke thermometers"
    :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

nmbuzz and KS95B40 like this.
  5. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    Sounds great but pics aren't working for me. :(

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KS95B40 likes this.
  6. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Love, love, love Cajun food. I have been known to whip up a pot of gumbo or jambalaya but I've never gone where you did. Nice job!

nmbuzz and KS95B40 like this.
  7. KS95B40

KS95B40 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2017
    Boudin and cracklin’ are two of the foods that I miss most about living in south Louisiana.

I go down to visit my mother in Vermilion Parish at least once a year and it’s not just for the food... but that’s an important part of each trip.

nmbuzz likes this.
  8. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Have had Boudin in New Orleans. Liver rice and spices. Good but not my favorite. Outstanding you made from scratch.

nmbuzz likes this.
  9. KTXdm9

KTXdm9 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Cajun food and zydeco, two of life's great pleasures. I do love me some mud bugs.

nmbuzz likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted