1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just figured id share some pics of a small build i just finished last night.

A long while back i bought a HiPoint 995 . . . not sure why i bought it. . i seen it at a pawn shop and offered the clerk 80.00 and he accepted lol. . .but anywho, i ran across these High Tower Armory stocks a while back and thought they looked cool, so i picked one
up last night and threw it all together . . .

so from this. . .

to this . .

the little scope on the top will be swapped out with a reflex site i have on order.

anywho. . dont know when i will be able to shoot it as all my local ranges are closed. Not even sure why i built it lol . . but i did . . . and figured i'd share

·
I like this place !
681 Posts
Wanted a 9mm carbine so I bought one, never fired a shot from it. Too embarrassed to take it to the range.

I have read they’re not bad carbines. Guess I’m just a gun snob.

You made a big improvement.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wanted a 9mm carbine so I bought one, never fired a shot from it. Too embarrassed to take it to the range.

I have read they’re not bad carbines. Guess I’m just a gun snob.

You made a big improvement.
ive had mine to the range once, just to test after i put the trigger kit in, i asked them to put me on the very last stall hahaha

I understand completely and nicely done! Same reason I picked up the Diamondback ar pistol I posted a couple days ago. Can't pass up a good deal! Have fun with it.
I have a diamondback DB 15 rifle. Its been 100% reliable for me. and i think i only paid like 500.00 bran new

A friend bought one in 45 acp , used for $200.00 . We shot the snot out of it . Didn't miss a beat .
yea, i hear that about them. I dont have many rounds through mine, but ill probably be doing a lit of plinking with it now

·
Registered
251 Posts
$80 for a HiPoint 995!!!!!!! Awesome!! I would have jumped on that also and I already have one.

Put an inexpensive BSA 4x32 scope on mine. Lots of fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
A guy I work with bought a 995 carbine in 9mm for $200. I grudgingly admit it was kind of fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate.
However, I probably won’t buy one for myself...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Hi Point carbines. They make great home defense tools. Inexpensive, effective, and reliable.

Also, not something you're going to get too broken up about it when the cops take it afterwards if you have to use it. Maybe you get your gun back after a shooting, maybe not. But with a Hi Point its much less of a concern.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The big drawback of these for me, other than that it’s a Hi Point and I’m a gun snob, is the magazines. If they made these to take double stack mags, I’d probably consider buying one. I’d love to have a simple .45 carbine that takes Glock mags. I had a Ruger PCC, but it didn’t do anything for me and they’re surprisingly heavy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts