1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
The price seems far too low and the work looks like it was just done. That seems odd, but you're right, it absolutely appears to be directly from BP and that is a smoking deal.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
The price seems far too low and the work looks like it was just done. That seems odd, but you're right, it absolutely appears to be directly from BP and that is a smoking deal.

Funny was just thinking that, seems like there is something wrong here. From the GB post "Over $3,700 in components and custom upgrades make this custom pistol an exceptional value ." Add in the cost of the base gun, even if BP gets them at a discount and its just giving away the gun almost unless he is expecting a lot of bidding or has a much higher reserve set.

I've always liked the look of the ones I have seen on addicts, been tempted to grab one if a 9m Cali approved model came up, my biggest gripe about their builds from afar is their consistent use of Barsto barrels. I have one in my Kimber because it was the only option, Kart started making their 4.0 bull barrels a month later, and it works ok but every other smith that I respect and have spoken with has always used Kart for a number of good reasons and even those who used to recommend barsto seem to suggest that they aren't the quality that they once were so always a red flag for me at least.

Be interesting to see how this GB auction goes though.

Reactions: Dub and Merton

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Funny was just thinking that, seems like there is something wrong here. From the GB post "Over $3,700 in components and custom upgrades make this custom pistol an exceptional value ." Add in the cost of the base gun, even if BP gets them at a discount and its just giving away the gun almost unless he is expecting a lot of bidding or has a much higher reserve set.

I've always liked the look of the ones I have seen on addicts, been tempted to grab one if a 9m Cali approved model came up, my biggest gripe about their builds from afar is their consistent use of Barsto barrels. I have one in my Kimber because it was the only option, Kart started making their 4.0 bull barrels a month later, and it works ok but every other smith that I respect and have spoken with has always used Kart for a number of good reasons and even those who used to recommend barsto seem to suggest that they aren't the quality that they once were so always a red flag for me at least.

Is it an auction? It looks to only have the option to "Buy It Now" for $2799.

I had BP #19 and it had/has a Bar-Sto barrel. I have heard that the Kart is better, but I do not have enough experience with full customs and the use of either barrel to comment firsthand upon what I believe is better or why.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Guessing the base gun price is included in those "components." Seems legit, it's listed on the BP website as being currently available for $100 less (probably due to GB fees)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Is it an auction? It looks to only have the option to "Buy It Now" for $2799.

I had BP #19 and it had/has a Bar-Sto barrel. I have heard that the Kart is better, but I do not have enough experience with full customs and the use of either barrel to comment firsthand upon what I believe is better or why.
You are right, only option is buy it now, makes even less sense!

Reactions: Merton

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Guessing the base gun price is included in those "components." Seems legit, it's listed on the BP website as being currently available for $100 less (probably due to GB fees)

Wow. That seems like quite a deal and if it's on his site that sure legitimizes it that much more.

Whoever buys that is getting a lot for their money, at least to my semi-trained eye.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Bar-Sto are great barrels. BP19 shoots great 😉
I believe you. I'm glad you have put rounds through it. That was my absolute intention, but once I had it in hand I knew I wanted a 5" gun and I am glad it got into the proper hands.

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Last time I email him he replied in an hour or so, people get hard up for money and I "think" @BCD 45 spoke with him a while back and he's not like an active gunsmith anymore.

He could be selling it for a past client in the hope they would get more money from the sale.

In the last line of the GB ad it refences his website is I'd be pretty sure it's a solid offering and auction

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Last time I email him he replied in an hour or so, people get hard up for money and I "think" @BCD 45 spoke with him a while back and he's not like an active gunsmith anymore.

He could be selling it for a past client in the hope they would get more money from the sale.

In the last line of the GB ad it refences his website is I'd be pretty sure it's a solid offering and auction
I'm sure you're right and it is a legitimate sale.

I am honestly shocked to hear that he's retired or moved on to something else and I wish him all the best. He seems to be a good man and it's a shame more of his guns aren't out there.

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Merton I don't recall exactly, I'm not wanting to be the one that stated he's retired, but how many guns has he built of late ?

I honestly don't remember the "exact wordage" but if I recall he'd be spending less time over the gun bench was my impression

·
Premium Member
Addict
625 Posts

I messaged him through here months ago and never got a response.

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@BCD 45 didn't you speak with him or swap emails ?

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
I recently purchased a BP S.A. 38 super build through @TXP8RIOT
I think he has had a few BP guns go through him.
It's a full size Two tone...... very nice work!

• Love
Reactions: ACW38Super

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
@azguy1911 - Hey John, It was a month or so ago that spoke with him about building
me a 1911 & at that time he said that he wasn't building anymore guns now but that he
might later in the year, he was uncertain about that.

Hope this helps, he sure does build a fine firearm, as good as any that I've seen from
anywhere or anybody!

BCD 45

1 - 20 of 26 Posts