1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Brass dented upon extraction

Tags
brass
3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  jjfitch 
#1 ·
So...noticed that some of my brass has little dents in them after being fired and extracted....they are out of my used Springer Trophy Match...any ideas? Extraction is 100% and consistent...no issues...just dents, LOL

Metal Brass Tin Cylinder Silver

See less See more
#5 ·
What ammo?
How many rounds on the "return to battery" spring? What weight?
Are you experiencing any jams?
It is not unusual for "the venerable JMB, Model O" to ding cases upon extraction.

The last Trophy Match I shot was extraordinary! :)'s

#8 ·
What ammo?
How many rounds on the "return to battery" spring? What weight?
Are you experiencing any jams?
It is not unusual for "the venerable JMB, Model O" to ding cases upon extraction.

The last Trophy Match I shot was extraordinary! :)'s
LOL....factory ammo, new springs, no jams, no extraction issues, no misfeeds, no hiccups whatsoever....LOL....and this Trophy Match also shoots extraordinary! LOL...

#12 ·
As stated it can be remedied but to what end.
I chased is on a recent build and figured it out and did little adjustments here and there made them go away.
Client tells me last week he has gone to a heavier recoil spring do to his carry ammo. all good I say! HE then says with factory ball it dings the cases but he doesn't care cause his other pistols do it all the time.
SO FWIW "carry on!" LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.