1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...noticed that some of my brass has little dents in them after being fired and extracted....they are out of my used Springer Trophy Match...any ideas? Extraction is 100% and consistent...no issues...just dents, LOL

C9C366CA-2E61-4197-B52F-C63E138651E2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
:popcorn:

Full size or Commander

·
Registered
822 Posts
What ammo?
How many rounds on the "return to battery" spring? What weight?
Are you experiencing any jams?
It is not unusual for "the venerable JMB, Model O" to ding cases upon extraction.

The last Trophy Match I shot was extraordinary! :)'s

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What ammo?
How many rounds on the "return to battery" spring? What weight?
Are you experiencing any jams?
It is not unusual for "the venerable JMB, Model O" to ding cases upon extraction.

The last Trophy Match I shot was extraordinary! :)'s
LOL....factory ammo, new springs, no jams, no extraction issues, no misfeeds, no hiccups whatsoever....LOL....and this Trophy Match also shoots extraordinary! LOL...

Reactions: Kip

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bouncing off the rear of the slide,kisses above the serrations. Carry on!
Thanks Kip!....yeah....apparently this is not uncommon....since no other issues at all...will just carry on....THANKS!

Reactions: Kip

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,716 Posts
Try a little lighter recoil spring. Timing related. Not necessarily normal.. common yes but can be prevented. Or ejector can be a little short as well. None of this means the gun won't function but imo the case isn't getting out of the port fast enough..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
As stated it can be remedied but to what end.
I chased is on a recent build and figured it out and did little adjustments here and there made them go away.
Client tells me last week he has gone to a heavier recoil spring do to his carry ammo. all good I say! HE then says with factory ball it dings the cases but he doesn't care cause his other pistols do it all the time.
SO FWIW "carry on!" LOL

Reactions: zipper046 and Kip

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,050 Posts
LOL....factory ammo, new springs, no jams, no extraction issues, no misfeeds, no hiccups whatsoever....LOL....and this Trophy Match also shoots extraordinary! LOL...
Meh!
Soooo you are saying the gun works great.....?
Resize, reload and....

Carry on!

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try a little lighter recoil spring. Timing related. Not necessarily normal.. common yes but can be prevented. Or ejector can be a little short as well. None of this means the gun won't function but imo the case isn't getting out of the port fast enough..
Thanks Steve! I just put a 17lb recoil spring in her, so that may help.....if not....i'll try a 16lb....LOL....and if that don't work....i'll just run it for now and then send it to you!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Now that the important stuff is out of the way.

It's not that unusual for rounds to kiss the rear of the ejection port as mentioned above.

Smiles,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts