1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The author of the article is reacting to the proposed regulation almost 11 months after publication of the initial notice that they planned to change a rule and almost eight months after they published the proposed rule. While it certainly looks to be heading this direction, the final rule has not yet been published.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The NFA act of '34, the gun control act of '68 and the full auto disaster of '86 are probably the three biggest violations of out 2nd Amendment.I have a feeling if those cases ever come up to the U.S. Supreme court even with a rookie lawyer fighting them, the 2nd Amendment would prevail. Even if the "shall not be infringed' phrase wasn't enough , part of the Justices own oath about discrimination due to class and wealth would come into play. Sure you can own full auto, but you better be rich at $14-15,000 a piece. How we as a people ever let this fly is beyond me.

·
Registered
Wheel gun fanatic
1,281 Posts
I had high hopes Trump would try to do something with the HPA but alas.......to much other drama

·
Make it a double
16,816 Posts
The NFA act of '34, the gun control act of '68 and the full auto disaster of '86 are probably the three biggest violations of out 2nd Amendment.I have a feeling if those cases ever come up to the U.S. Supreme court even with a rookie lawyer fighting them, the 2nd Amendment would prevail. Even if the "shall not be infringed' phrase wasn't enough , part of the Justices own oath about discrimination due to class and wealth would come into play. Sure you can own full auto, but you better be rich at $14-15,000 a piece. How we as a people ever let this fly is beyond me.
Yeah. We feel the same way. This reality is a chambles.

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I'm pro 2nd amendment all the way . Don't believe we should need a permit to carry or own something the constitution gives us the right to . But , I wish people would quit inventing stuff that gives the gun grabbers more ammo .

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm pro 2nd amendment all the way . Don't believe we should need a permit to carry or own something the constitution gives us the right to . But , I wish people would quit inventing stuff that gives the gun grabbers more ammo .
Agreed. I get the slippery slope argument on banning stuff, but I'll hardly loose any sleep over banning of bump stocks. The sole purpose of one is to simulate automatic fire, so no real surprise that they were eventually going to get banned.

I've got the same feeling on the pistol braces. As soon as there is a high profile crime with a pistol brace, they'll get re-examined/banned as SBRs.

·
Registered
Wheel gun fanatic
1,281 Posts
Next itll be Binary triggers, then any trigger that varies from a stock one.....its a damned slippery slope

1 - 14 of 14 Posts