SOLD Browning 20ga Superposed

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Win Wolcott, Oct 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Win Wolcott

Win Wolcott Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Here is a mistake that I made that might work out great for another bird shooter. I am 6'7" and shoot a very long shotgun stock. I was looking for a grouse and quail gun that I could travel with, and purchased this pristine, basically unfired, 1970 Belgian Browning Superposed Lightning in 20ga for that purpose. I sent the gun to JJ Peredeau in Oklahoma for him to strip and ultrasonic clean, add one of his amazing leather covered pads, and bend 3/8" cast off into the stock. His work is impeccable. I shot the gun at the National Grouse and Wiodcock hunt this month in Minnesota, and even with the added pad, it is still just too short for me. While it may be too long for some at 15 3/8" which I thought I could live with, I simply can't on a gun I would shoot a lot.
    Details are: 20ga, 3" chambers, marked IC / Mod and measures as such. Round knob, short tang, 26.5" barrels. Condition is mint. I have shot 2 boxes of shells out of it, and JJ thought it was probably unfired when he got it. $3150 delivered to your FFL.

capt1911, mchurch52, Kip and 2 others like this.
  2. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015

3. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Drooling! That is nice and I bet LOP perfect for me at 6'4". Hope you sell it soon, my mind is already working.

4. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    Those are some of the sweetest Brownings. GLWS!

5. Win Wolcott

Jan 22, 2016
    The cast off and leather pad make a different gun out of these. Watching JJ bend a stock is amazing. This gun is still as tight as new to open. The original blue is 100% of course.

6. Joni Lynn

Dec 21, 2014
    If I had the cash I'd relieve you of it. Unfortunately I am now down to trading for future adoptions. GLWS.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  7. Win Wolcott

Jan 22, 2016
    No salt. JJ completely detail stripped this gun, as I planned on owning it for many years, and it is almost 47 years old. I figured that it was time for an oil change. He blessed it nose to tail.

8. Joni Lynn

Dec 21, 2014
    Thanks. That's great. I'll modify my post so as not to crap in your thread. If you want to think about trades at some point contact me. I'm $$ poor right now. I do love these guns.

9. Win Wolcott

Jan 22, 2016
    While I am not looking for a trade on this, I am a sucker for a great gun. I would always take a look at a good trade. But please don't take offense if I pass.

10. Joni Lynn

Dec 21, 2014
    That's cool. I'll wait awhile and see if this beauty goes quickly. If not.............well, then maybe we'll talk. Thanks.

11. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
  12. Win Wolcott

Jan 22, 2016
    If you have not seen J J Perodeau's work you need to. Check out jjperodeau.com this guy is a gunmaker, not gunsmith. Rebarrels double rifles and such. Every gun enthusiast should know this guy.

13. Fiddler1537

Fiddler1537 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2013
    I'll take it

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

14. Joni Lynn

Dec 21, 2014
    Congrats on the sale!!!

15. Win Wolcott

Jan 22, 2016
    Sold pending funds.
    Thanks all for the interest.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted