1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not a Hi-Power guy but I stopped at my LGS and he has a like new Mark III for $995. Something about it is calling my name. In this market is this a fair price?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I’m not a Hi-Power guy but I stopped at my LGS and he has a like new Mark III for $995. Something about it is calling my name. In this market is this a fair price?
It is not crazy but to me it is a little high. You also have to take a few factors like configuration and finish. Also are you going to leave it stock or use it as a base gun for a custom build. These day for a pristine MKIII $600-$800 depending on the exact model is a solid deal. IMHO

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t really find a good example of it on Gunbroker. It’s blued with wood grips and adjustable rear sight. Looks very refined if that makes any sense. The owner of the store said it was assembled in Portugal.

·
Deo Volente
8,401 Posts
Given the market, I would say $950 with adjustable sights is fair. This is not a great price, but if you want a base gun for a build it is a place to start.

End of the year is coming up, offer him $875 before 01/01/2020. See what happens!

Reactions: Slapshot

·
Deo Volente
8,401 Posts
This is the frustrating thing with hi-powers! They could have evolved like the 1911, but they didn't and were eclipsed by other 9mm like the Berretta 92 series and now the CZ Guns.

Get a CZ!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I can’t really find a good example of it on Gunbroker. It’s blued with wood grips and adjustable rear sight. Looks very refined if that makes any sense. The owner of the store said it was assembled in Portugal.
Does it have this sight setup?

Or this one?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has the two tone grip panels like the first pic but it really looks like bluing vs. just black that most of the appear to be.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
It has the two tone grip panels like the first pic but it really looks like bluing vs. just black that most of the appear to be.
What do the sights look like? Also do you know the 2 digit date code in the serial number?

·
High Power Fan
100 Posts
@Slapshot
NM = 1990

For reference, at a local gun shop I bought a 2004 MKlll S this past summer for $600. It is chambered in .40 and had been nicely improved for carry with Trijicon night sights and a C&S Wide Combat trigger with a nice trigger pull at 5# 7oz. A proper case was included but there was only 1 magazine. Removed parts were not included. The finish is in very good condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
S/N 245NM07xxx @WVsig
1990 MKIII that is blued with the wood grips. With that date it could be a forged or cast. I personally prefer fixed sight BHPs but if you like it they are not far off. If you like it offer $850 OTD and see if they take it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.