1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browning Hi-Power Practical, Two-Tone (Blue/Chrome), 9mm Pistol. it has the factory Pachmayr rubber grip, ambi safety, rubber bumper pad on the hi-cap magazine, plastic factory box, papers/manual. also has a 2nd magazine that is factory has Pachmayr base pad.

This gun is in remarkable condition and does not appear to have been fired, (I am the second owner, the first owner stated he never fired it and I have not fired the pistol either). According to proofhouse.com by the serial number, this would make it a 1993 year production, which is a forged frame and very desirable.

It is marked "Browning Arms Company, Morgan, Utah & Montreal P.G." and right side says "Made in Belgium" and "Assembled in Portugal." serial number on the frame matches the serial number on barrel. black colored slide on a chrome frame. does not have gold accents.

$1850.00 shipped - PAYMENT - Zelle, Paypay (FF no mention firearm), US Postal Money Order or can take Credit Card +3%. Email best way to contact.

I Will need a copy of your FFL to send to, must accept from the individual (with copy of my DL furnished), will ship and provide a tracking number.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
This is a forged frame MKlll with the NX date code this would be a perfect candidate to be used as a base gun for a Ted Yost pinnacle build because he can checker it. These are even better than using a T series.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This is a forged frame MKlll with the NX date code this would be a perfect candidate to be used as a base gun for a Ted Yost pinnacle build because he can checker it. These are even better than using a T series.
I thought that the steel on the browning hipower's grip frame is too thin to be checkered.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I thought that the steel on the browning hipower's grip frame is too thin to be checkered.
Not all will be thick enough to checker but many will. The other issue is the location of the serial number on most BHPs which is on the front of the grip strap. T Series, Some C series and the hard chromed frames on Practicals have the serial number under the ejecting port. Some FN rollmarked MKIIIs do as well and even a smaller subset as the serial number above the grip panel.

At this time Ted Yost is the only smith I know of who will checker a BHP. Jodi Gruitus did one recently but I don't think it is a standard offering.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not all will be thick enough to checker but many will. The other issue is the location of the serial number on most BHPs which is on the front of the grip strap. T Series, Some C series and the hard chromed frames on Practicals have the serial number under the ejecting port. Some FN rollmarked MKIIIs do as well and even a smaller subset as the serial number above the grip panel.

At this time Ted Yost is the only smith I know of who will checker a BHP. Jodi Gruitus did one recently but I don't think it is a standard offering.

Yes. The serial numbers for both my browning hipower is on the front of grip strap and barrels. I would also hate to lose the original smooth shiny finish on the brownings assume that you will refinish the whole gun after putting checkers on the grip strap.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Congrats to both. @William Lear Time to built another Yost Pinnacle. ;)

Reactions: Limited 10
1 - 15 of 15 Posts