1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a low round count Model III Hi Power with a strange issue. Sometimes the trigger won’t drop with the trigger pulled. I can see the sear move slightly, but the hammer stays to the rear. Then, with a gentle nudge of the hammer and the hammer falls. This pistol still has the magazine disconnect.....the handgun is just how it came from browning. I’d estimate the pistol has less than 1,500 rounds.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the schematic, but I don’t think that’s the problem. The hammer sticks in the cocked position. I’m still holding the trigger rearward, then I push the hammer and it drops.... the hammer is free to drop, but doesn’t unless I push it forward.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Hi
Well...You've got the trigger, the trigger "link" the transfer bar, the sear and the hammer?
I'm not mentioning the mag disconnect cause that should be in the trash can by now?
Just sayin, should be able to pull the slide off and see where/what is binding???
Could check hammer strut and spring?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you mean a field strip........sure. I clean all my firearms after a trip to the range. This Hi Power has a couple thousand rounds through it without any problems.

I was hoping someone on this site had a lot of experience with Hi Powers. I’ve never done a complete takedown of this pistol, so I may have to do that to try to figure out what’s going on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.