Browning Hi Power

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by snwbrdr202, Jan 29, 2019.

1. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Good evening fellow addicts! I’m selling my last HP in an attempt to get out of 9mm altogether. I also have an unfired CZ Shadow Tac II and Glock 17 gen5. I would be willing to offer all 3 9’s for a Wilson, Night Hawk, or Gun Crafter in 45acp.

The Hi Power I bought unfired from the original owner. 200 flawless rounds later she is in spotless condition and is “as new.” This was a very rare HP; a RMEF special edition. The coating is a carbon fiber pattern and from a purist point of view, it is absolutely hideous! I had always planned to send her to Mr Yost or one of the other HP artists, but I would rather invest in another 45acp. If you don’t mind the finish...she’s mint!

I am asking $800.00 plus the ride to your FFL. If you have interest in all 3 pistols please PM or email me! The Shadow Tac II has a 3 lb. trigger that brings a tear to my eye. She is being squandered gathering dust in my safe. Thank you in advance for your interest!

EDIT: all original papers, box, grips and mags included with ALL guns.

Attached Files:

2. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015

3. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith

Sep 11, 2011
    What kind of finish is that?

4. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
    Great question Joe! Not blued, not polycoat, but some type of synthetic finish that supposedly holds up just fine. Same finish as the Camo HPs that came out 10 years ago or so. Hideous pattern, but functional!

Raylan Givens and Joe C like this.
  5. Doug Walker

Doug Walker Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I think S&w used to put it on they’re pistol 22s. It’s durable but not attractive. I’m not sure if/how it can be removed.

6. Au Jus in Bello

Au Jus in Bello Well-Known Member

May 19, 2017
    According to the infallible Internet, it's the same process as the digital camo Hi-Powers of some years ago -- some kind of thin, pre-patterned film that is applied via dipping the gun in water. Threads I read actually say it's a bit flimsy, but no one seems to know the proper removal process.

I bet a gentle bead blast would do it, but perhaps the applier (whoever that is) can name a solvent...

OP: Any Hi-Power is a good looking Hi-Power; I'm very tempted because I wouldn't feel bad attacking that original finish for a custom build. ;)

7. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Great bargain! GLWS

snwbrdr202 likes this.
  8. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
    Good morning gents! Lots of questions on the finish. While the finish is durable, it is far from complicated to remove. About 10 years ago I sent a HP in with the same finish (but in green digicam pattern) to Metaloy for a hard chrome job and there were zero issues. I had always intended to send this specimen out for a trigger job and another hard chrome finish, as personally I really don't dig the carbon fiber. I hope this helps!

9. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Damn strongly tempted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  10. SME102030

SME102030 Active Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Will you be listing the other guns?

11. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
    Ok, CZ and G17 going up! CZ Shadow Tac II unfired and absolutely NIB. I changed the aluminum thin grips out for a rubber Hogue mono-grip which melts into the hand. Very bright night sites and a really fantastic pistol! I am eating a couple hundred dollars here, as I’m listing her for $1,000.00 plus the ride. She will make someone VERY happy. I can’t say I’d be disappointed keeping her though...

Last up is a gen5 Glock 17. By far this is my most favorite generation! All of the new features are up on Glocks website and google, and I really think you get a lot of gun for the money. There have been a total of 6 boxes of 9mm through her, and 300 rounds later she still looks new. I am asking $375.00 plus the ride.

Ok gentlemen, if you have interest in purchasing 2 or all 3 guns I will be happy to work out a much better deal price-wise. My preference would be to trade all 3 pistols for a high end 1911 in similar condition (new or like-new). I have a few stripes on this forum so references are available upon request! Shoot me a PM or email if you’d like to discuss a trade or sale. Many thanks for your interest!

Attached Files:

12. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
    Happy Friday bump!

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.
  13. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
  14. azngotskills

azngotskills Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
  15. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
    One more look! I’d be happy to part with all 3 for $2,000.00 even; shipping on me. I’ll throw in 300 rounds of 9mm if you’re in Pennsylvania :cool:

Raylan Givens likes this.
  16. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
    One more look this weekend and then off to the safe! I can’t keep this CZ unfired for much longer :cool:

17. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
  18. Maxfield911

Maxfield911 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2015
    I’ll take the cz and Glock as per our conversation.

19. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Thank you....lol

Raven312 and Maxfield911 like this.
  20. snwbrdr202

Sep 21, 2011
    One last look for the Hi Power, then she’s off to cylinder & slide for some magic!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted