1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
We Are!
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new-production (2019) Summer Special IWB holster continues to serve as my favorite concealed-carry holster for a full-size 1911. Crafted by Erik Little of Rafter-L Combat Leather as a lasting tribute to the designs of the late Mr. Nelson, this holster remains impressive to me in all aspects, from workmanship to security to comfort to overall “feel.”

Holster is shown with some BNCL swag, Milt Sparks IWB magazine pouch, Wilson Combat magazines, and a five-inch Ed Brown 1911.

If interested, learn more at http://brucenelson.com/ .

71F64EA5-AC9C-4BF2-A9BE-1E6C080D61F6.jpeg

26078D72-1A38-4966-87BC-B66A24972882.jpeg

7DC43222-9074-4E36-A4BE-80C58A4D4EED.jpeg

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
That’s definitely a beauty. I am impressed for a full size EB in the Bruce Nelson. Can I ask why you went with the single snap?

Hey that thing looks loaded! Be safe.

·
We Are!
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s definitely a beauty. I am impressed for a full size EB in the Bruce Nelson. Can I ask why you went with the single snap?

Hey that thing looks loaded! Be safe.
Thank you!

While I think the Milt Sparks Summer Special comes with the option of 1 vs. 2 loops (and that their Summer Special 2 comes with 2 - which is another favorite of mine), the BNCL version is only offered with one snap (as far as I know, at least with regard to the new-production run).

I was honestly a little concerned at how the single snap / loop would work for me - it’s been great so far, no issues.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Looks good, I just got another Bruce Nelson, and Erik Little OWB holsters, and a Milt Sparks Yaqui Slide three weeks ago off the net. I really like the Bruce Nelson design OWB but after seeing the IWB you got I need to try one of those but I'm not sure of his wait time. Nice looking rig.

·
We Are!
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s really nice! I like the lighter color of the leather for sure. Thanks for the pictures and link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

·
We Are!
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, I just got another Bruce Nelson, and Erik Little OWB holsters, and a Milt Sparks Yaqui Slide three weeks ago off the net. I really like the Bruce Nelson design OWB but after seeing the IWB you got I need to try one of those but I'm not sure of his wait time. Nice looking rig.

Thank you and it sounds like you have acquired some fine gunleather there!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Erik Little does top notch work. Congrats on that one. That is a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts