1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve taken two classes from Bruce Piatt over the last 18 months. These are the two pistols I built in said classes. Everything is hand fitted. No machines used during fitting. In both cases I used bald slides and did the slide serrations after the fact. I still have some final blending to do on each, but they are getting there. The more traditional looking one is chambered in .38 Super Comp. The full dust cover version is chambered in .40 SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to be a traditionalist, but I can sincerely appreciate the knowledge, skill, and effort applied. You have a great deal to be proud of! Thanks for sharing your skills!!
I wouldn't call them skills at this point. I can follow directions very well and I had great instruction. My taste in 1911s leans a bit more towards the traditional side of things as well. The second pistol I built was a bit of an experiment, if you will, although I'm happy with the way it is turning out. Still have a ways to go before I have a finished product.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I wouldn't call them skills at this point. I can follow directions very well and I had great instruction. My taste in 1911s leans a bit more towards the traditional side of things as well. The second pistol I built was a bit of an experiment, if you will, although I'm happy with the way it is turning out. Still have a ways to go before I have a finished product.

Looks like skills from where I am sitting. Awesome job. I do like how they both turned out.

Reactions: idHawk
1 - 12 of 12 Posts