1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright everyone, I want you all to help me out here. I snagged a Colt XSE Government model in 45 ACP with the "100 years of service" rollmarks and the plan is to save up and send it off to the Wilson Combat custom shop. I'm hoping to spend about 1,600 to 1,700 bucks on custom work but I want YOU to pick out what you think would be must-haves on this order form.

Here's the catch: at minimum, I'm getting a gold bead front sight, checkered front strap, beavertail grip safety to replace the duckbill, and the complete reblue so there goes about a grand of your picking budget.

So, you've got 700 bucks left to go from there. Go wild! just not too wild... it is my wallet hahah. I'd love to hear what you all would like to see.

Here's the link to the order form: https://www.wilsoncombat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WCCustomWorkForm_1911-7.pdf

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Shoot it to make sure it has some accuracy to it and it functions "smoothly"

I'd want a good trigger job on it, Colt parts used to be good steel that could be used.
Id have everything smoothed up as best as they could within the realm of the current fitment.
New bushing fitted
And I would also talk to some of the other custom smiths around, especially that are on here.
Their work is well documented and received and may possibly be slight more cost effective.
That is not a put down on Wilson, just always good to do some comparative shopping before spending your money

1 - 2 of 2 Posts