Bump Stock Ban explained....not good for us !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Meints, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
  2. Badguybuster

Badguybuster Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2018
    No surprises here. i also dont think the ban will stand up to judicial scrutiny

3. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    To the guys in "free states" who've loved recommending packing up the UHaul when legislatures pass absurd gun laws, hows that suggestion working out for those bump stocks!

Usp45ct likes this.
  4. Mini Me

Mini Me Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Still working out better than the commie states. We can still purchase and take home all in the same day, Own anything (if you have the tax stamp and can afford it), no roster approved list and still a Shall issue CC state.

Blue Ridge, WC145 and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  5. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    X2!

Even a knuckle draggin cannon cocker can understand the ramifications of the overzealous prose in the "proposed" revision. Until we are back to front stuffers and slingshots these burocratic a$$hats are going to keep this crap up. The biggest threat to a bloated bureaucracy is an armed citizenry.

1L26, Bro. Pappaw and Mini Me like this.
  6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Win this, then go after, " . . . . shall not be infringed . . . . "

1L26, Babboonbobo, xerts1191 and 6 others like this.
  7. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Give 'em an inch , they'll take the yard stick and break it off in your arse .

Kip, Babboonbobo, xerts1191 and 5 others like this.
  8. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    Republicans stopped being 2A absolutists a long long time ago. This is the natural progression of the 2A in an environment where no politicians will defend it. Very sad.

9. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    IDK, I feel a mechanical advantage should not be allowed but I bet I'm in the minority here.

Would anyone feel better if congress had passed this and it was signed into law rather then this end-round tactic ? I doubt it.

The country is getting more liberal --look at Nevada, Colorado, Texas -- either we start getting more conservative voters into the fold or get ready for widespread gun control, immigration and other liberal agendas, it's just plain fact

10. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Agree with your statement. Well put.

xerts1191 and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  11. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    A pistol grip is a mechanical advantage. So is an AFG, front strap checkering, grip tape etc. They all help us shoot faster. So do sights and optics. Allowing a feature to be banned opens a nasty Pandora’s box. When one is justified, they all are.

The country isn’t getting more liberal...its just that conservatives are getting weaker in their views, especially on the 2A

I’m of the mind that one is either a 2A absolutist or they are part of the problem. Repeal of the 2A is the goal of the left. If you don’t fight them, you’re helping them.

12. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014

The difference is significant and shouldn't need to be explained to you.

BennyAdeline likes this.
  13. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    Yes I would feel different. I would still be upset they banned an inanimate accessory but as long as they do it the right way I could not complain about the act of doing it. No different than the Clinton AWB. At least they did it the correct way thru congress. I didn't like it but they followed the correct procedure for making a law. Having a federal agency redefine something is not making law it's dictating it.

Again it's not the item it's the act. And if a federal agency is allowed to simply redefine something and ban it for the safety of the public because they believe nobody should own one what's to stop them from doing the same thing with all kinds of other stuff? Heck they could ban outdoor propane BBQ grills tomorrow if they want to now.

Babboonbobo, Mini Me and Mike Meints like this.
  14. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    You can't give an inch , because it's the gun grabbers foothold . It gives them something to build on . That being said I wish people would quit inventing stuff like the bump stock . It makes it too easy for the gun grabbers to make their point in the media . Plus it serves absolutely no useful purpose besides making once fired brass . JMHO

Babboonbobo likes this.
  15. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Tried one once, didn’t enjoy it and gave no use to own one but.....
    I’m with the don’t give an inch crowd! I also agree making laws the correct way is different than interpreting! I’m also on the side of the fence that you fight for ALL 2nd amendment rights NOT just the ones you agree with!

16. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Look at the next generation, 30 years old and less. They are soft and VERY liberal in their ways. They get at at public schools, in them media at every major university. In 25 years who is going to fight for second amendments rights ? It's doomed folks, we won't see it in our lifetimes but conservative ways are doomed.

17. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    Not while I'm able to still draw a breath, and this is just #2 of four. ;)
    20170529_110423.jpg

18. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    True but gun rights are STRONG in Kentucky. You sir need to come to this years shoot.

19. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Agree 100% I’ve got two kids, one sil and four grandkids and all are strong 2nd amendment supporters. I’m also working on family. My youngest brother just got his conceal carry permit and is waiting for it to come in, should get it by next week.
    We just have to stay strong and convince everyone we can:)

BenchMonkey likes this.
  20. DSTallguy

DSTallguy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 13, 2017
    We also need to get more conservative minded people running for local, state & national offices. The only problem is that most of the “we” Conservatives have full time, jobs already and no time to run for an office against an overly funded, media enriched Democrat.

Mandatory IQ tests too...

Babboonbobo likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted