Bunch of ammo available at Recoil Gunworks

Discussion in 'Bargain Hunter' started by 10mm Guy, Oct 17, 2020 at 12:31 PM.

1. 10mm Guy

10mm Guy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2018
  2. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020

3. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I have made a lot of purchases from Recoil GunWorks. Thus far, everything has arrived as described and in a reasonable timeframe. I have purchased several of the LE trade-in mags. A couple have shown up new.

4. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020
    I keep trying to add something to cart and it won’t let me keeps saying read the disclaimer.

5. LYKUNO

LYKUNO Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Check the box to agree to terms and conditions!

2020-10-17_22-00-52.png

1911_Bandit and nikerret like this.
  6. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020
    Slow sometimes lol I see it now.

7. PhilaPop

PhilaPop Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2016
    These prices may be "good" as compared to today's market, I just checked these guys out, but they're still $30 a box for 9mm. We all should be outraged by this. I've been finding .45ACP is actually cheaper than 9mm. I have swung over to shooting only .45ACP.

I realize we have added 65 million new shooters, but how much ammo did these 65,000,000 people buy? How many cases per gun did these new shooters buy to cause this much of a drought?

FWoo45 and Uncle Bob like this.
  8. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 22, 2017
    Panic buying, same as we saw last election.

FWoo45, HooDoo Man and 10mm Guy like this.
  9. 10mm Guy

Nov 30, 2018
    Exactly. Expect it every election year, or anytime there is a mass shooting. The overall state of our country and the civil unrest is only further heightening peoples fears. Guns and ammo are one way people feel reassurance during unstable times.

I don't get the outrage. Simple economics - supply and demand. You've seen it your entire life with everything from gas, to groceries, to steel, to lumber, to n95 masks. Thank the media...they do a fantastic job of piling on the fear!!

10. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    Not outrage. A number of issues getting people "concerned". Rioting and destruction, BLM, ANTIFA, etc . Chances of Biden (actually Harris) getting elected and going full gun control, etc etc.

Gun sales have skyrocketed well past what they were last election. There are people talking about secession. Question is... will America last or even get back to "normal" whatever that might mean

DRD, Old Sea Dragon, WVsig and 4 others like this.
  11. 10mm Guy

Nov 30, 2018
    Agreed 100% @Uncle Bob.

I was referring to not understanding @PhilaPop 's "outrage" over the price of ammo.

Uncle Bob likes this.
  12. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    Well I do understand his "rage", but this nonsense just drives more people to reload. :)

13. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Except that right now primers are harder to find than loaded factory ammo. I keep myself covered on both sides. I have components and factory to keep shooting without buying but at some point I will have to buy back in.

As a general rule I dollar cost avg my ammo buying. Buy all the time. When there is a great deal but as much as you can. Keep buying as you shoot. Set a par amount you feel comfortable having at all times and maintain it. That way when things get like this you can sit on the sidelines until things settle down.

10mm Guy likes this.
  14. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Who knows but in the end who cares? If you don’t want to pay $30 a box don’t buy it. The retailers don’t care if you buy because someone else will. Right now anything under $.40 a round sells in minutes for 9mm. At $.60 it sits on the shelf for a while but eventually gets sold. People are even selling out at $.80.

The gone in minutes, sits on shelf prices continue to rise. They have moved from $.20 a round to where we are now. I have been watching it closely for the past 12 months ever since Walmart got out of the ammo selling business. I thing we are near the peak. Those willing to pay $.60+ have ammo now. They will also realize in the next 6 months that they really don’t shoot often enough to justify having cases and cases. They will sell it or at the very least not buy more.

The election is the wild card. If Biden Harris win there will be a spike in all things guns between now and Jan-Feb. How high and for how long is the real unknown. If it were me I would hedge my bets. Which personally I already have.

I wish I was still paying historic lows for factory ammo but that ship has sailed for now. If you really hate the current market price don’t buy it. Encourage others not to buy it and hope it comes back down.

15. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    I'm already there. I stocked up on components after the last election.

10mm Guy likes this.
  16. PhilaPop

PhilaPop Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Maybe rage is too strong a word. I have never seen prices climb like they are today, some ammo 400% higher (or more) than a year ago. I just saw Wolf, FMJ Steel Case 9mm selling for $30 a box, and a year ago is was $8.00. In the months leading up to the 2016 election, ammo prices were never like this, and this has been going on for 8 months.

I agree w/ VWsig above, I refuse to pay $30 a box, so I'll hold off w/ what I have on hand, which should last a year or so. I'll shoot less expensive calibers, 38 Super and .45ACP. For example, $600 a case (plus S&H) for 9mm vs. the case I just paid $480 for .45ACP.

10mm Guy, WVsig and Mike Meints like this.
  17. 10mm Guy

Nov 30, 2018
    I see your point, but we can all agree - these are unprecedented times! Between the China flu, the riots on the streets, the anti-police movement, the contentious election, and the worldwide state of affairs, it just doesn't surprise me. Not one bit!

I paid through the nose for hand sanitizer and masks at the height of the "scamdemic". Not for me - for my business, which needed to continue. To appease employees and get through the drama. I can't believe what I paid for a box of N95s which were on every jobsite in the country just weeks prior. Frankly, I was lucky to even get them when they were only supposed to be available to "essential front line workers".

Anyway, I stocked up in a big way when things were rock bottom at the end of 2019. I also hit Walmart when they dropped the clearance hammer at local stores. I knew what the election year would bring. But I'm even more glad I did considering the dumpster fire 2020 turned out to be! :eek:

Uncle Bob likes this.
  18. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020
    Well I ordered 300 rounds of the fmj through them and then won a GB auction for 300 rnds of JHP so hopefully I’ll be good.

19. 10mm Guy

Nov 30, 2018
    I guess I'm just struggling with the perspective of 'I'm angry people are asking so much for it." It's simple capitalism and economics. @WVsig is dead on...if you don't like it, don't buy it. But don't be angry because you didn't buy when it was cheap. I personally think ammo is better than gold and silver! And with ammo - you can TAKE others' gold and silver! :grin: (that's a joke...kinda? Maybe?)

Either be prepared, or prepare to pay. As a nation, we have relied very heavily on everything being available and easy to obtain. As soon as any natural disaster strikes, everyone expects Uncle Sam to come rushing to their aid with supplies. How about preparation? Self-reliance? Personal responsibility? Aren't these being taught in schools and practiced in homes?!??!

:roflmaro:

Ok, I'm off the soap box - for tonight. Sorry for the rant. No disrespect meant to anyone - hope none is taken!

WVsig and Greg M. like this.
  20. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020

Lol I agree with you. I ain’t mad just kind of sucks I decided to get into 9mm after I got out of it haha. Live and learn it won’t happen again I can assure you of that.

WVsig likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted