1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About Bunker Arms

In the late 1980s Brandan Bunker’s dad started Red Bird Shooters Supply in Birch Run, MI, and later started AIM Inc. in Bradenton, FL, where he specialized in reloading components and customizing 1911s. This gave birth to Brandan’s interest in firearms, and in particular, the 1911. In 2003 Brandan graduated with a BBA in Management/Marketing/Automotive Aftermarket Management after which he managed a Walgreens for nearly a decade. After earning his MBA and beating a life-changing cancer diagnosis, he decided to pursue his true passion. And thus was born Bunker Arms in 2012. In a relatively short time Brandan has made a name for himself in the full house custom market, employing modern manufacturing processes and building 1911s to the numbers versus building to fit. The results are more consistency from build to build, greater accuracy, and achieving closer numeric tolerances by bringing more of the process in-house for better control.

Folks: I've been fondling this gun for a few days now, and have been going through a "Love It or List It" phase and one of the things I ask myself is: if I sell this pistol will I be able to get another one at some point? And well............. Brandan's a young guy!

So here it is! You may not agree but I think that embedded rear adjustable sight is just genius, and I love innovation. In my opinion innovation sets a pistolsmith apart. So if you don't have a Bunker yet guys, get you one! It doesn't have to be this one, but this one's available without the wait!!

Build Specs
  • 20lpi Checkering
  • Flat top with 20lpi serrations
  • Custom Linear Front sight with Gold Bead
  • Custom Rear Adjustable Sight
  • Narrow paddle thumb safety
  • Bunker Arms Radial Bore bushing
  • GI Style Guide Rod with Flat Recoil Spring
  • 800grit Polish on flats with satin rounds
  • PVD type DLC
  • Walnut Burl Grips
  • Medium Flat Trigger with Radiused Front
  • Short break trigger at 3.5#
  • Countersunk Slide Stop Pin Hole
Addicts Price: $7400 Cash or Check / $7600 Credit - No trades please

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
.355 on the barrel hood? Is that the caliber designation? Any info on that?

EDIT: it pays to read the heading, sheesh . . . .

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Some are .355 and some are .356

·
Vendor
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.355 on the barrel hood? Is that the caliber designation? Any info on that?

EDIT: it pays to read the heading, sheesh . . . .
Yes, it's the equivalent to 9mm diameter bullet. Been forgetting to ask Brandan about that!

·
Vendor
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oldgunner: Thanks for the heads up, I accidentally removed the number! Its 3.5#

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
OK. Mine was originally 2.5 and I asked Brandon to tweak it up to 3.0 - which he did.

Reactions: TXP8RIOT

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,087 Posts
Wow. Stunning

Reactions: TXP8RIOT

·
Registered
165 Posts
If anyone has any questions they wish to ask me directly, feel free to ask. As far as the .355 designation on the hood. This simply indicates 9mm variant. When barrels are produced without a chamber, this is what you will see on the hood. The problem with pre cut chambers is obvious for this line of work... you never know what you are going to get. I prefer cutting my own.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
If anyone has any questions they wish to ask me directly, feel free to ask. As far as the .355 designation on the hood. This simply indicates 9mm variant. When barrels are produced without a chamber, this is what you will see on the hood. The problem with pre cut chambers is obvious for this line of work... you never know what you are going to get. I prefer cutting my own.

Well, I did not know that. It makes sense and becomes a real distinguishing feature methinks . . . . . .

Reactions: gps man

·
Registered
137 Posts

What type of Bluing?

·
Registered
165 Posts
What type of Bluing?
This is a type of PVD. Physical Vapor Deposit. This particular type is commonly known as DLC. They vaporize carbide and apply it to the substrate in a vacuum. The result is a much more durable finish than bluing... usually exceeding 70rc in hardness. It is quite scratch resistant. Unfortunately the firearms industry has been plagued with companies applying a more decorative version of this same process, which is not as durable. This is the industrial version, which holds up very well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts