1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,819 Posts
Reactions: Loenuff

·
Registered
811 Posts
I use Challis bushings and do not use any loctite as it is not needed with the higher torque value. I've never had a single issue with anything coming loose including grip screws with the Challis system, by far the best way to go. On standard bushings you will need to use loctite.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I use Challis bushings and do not use any loctite as it is not needed with the higher torque value. I've never had a single issue with anything coming loose including grip screws with the Challis system, by far the best way to go. On standard bushings you will need to use loctite.
+1911

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,819 Posts
We use red Lock Tight and stake them. They never come loose.
Red? What if someone wants to make a change to slim bushings?

I've never understood locktite talk, I've carried and shot 1911's since 2006 and never had a bushing back out or even get loose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Red? What if someone wants to make a change to slim bushings?

I've never understood locktite talk, I've carried and shot 1911's since 2006 and never had a bushing back out or even get loose.
Using the Red Locktite isn't a problem. If you need to remove it, just put a soldering iron in the bushing let it heat up and it comes right out. We never had problems with just staking them in. I've never had a staked bushing come loose. But most owners don't have a staking tool

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I thought we were talking about barrel bushings, which I have not had to use Loctite on!
Jeff

·
The Tinker
4,071 Posts
Apparently, my attempt at humor failed.
Jeff
The thread itself (and the interpretations of) are amusing. Or, I'm just really bored on a Friday afternoon... ;)

Reactions: JNW
1 - 19 of 19 Posts