1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There’s a gun Buy Back this weekend in my hometown. Anybody ever buy anything from folks in line. They are offering gift cards for Amazon, AMEX and Stop&Shop. $100 pistol, $200 “assault” rifle. I’d like to offer more cash to people for Grandpa’s unwanted guns. Watch for me on the news ! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
It's done quite frequently in Atlanta. I know guys who have scored Colt Python's for between $300 and $500 when the city was offering $50.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
200 bucks for a Ar. Crap I spend that much or more for my hand guards. WTF I would take them to a gun shop and put them on consignment before that. YIKES , No bueno Good luck Zoid hope you find something good.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m in the heart of old gun manufacturers Winchester, Mossberg, Colt, Ruger , Marlin !! I’m pretty positive that they won’t let anything of significant value get crushed. I’m gonna reach out to my local LEO friends and see what the deal is.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Just be careful because there very well be ATF of some other Government entity snooping around to bust for illegal gun transactions. They've done it in Kalifornia. Don't fall for any Bait.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
At least in Ohio there is no law against a FTF firearm transaction as long as both are legally allowed to own the firearm. So no laws to be broken here. Although I’ve never heard of a “buy back” anywhere around here.

·
Banned
824 Posts
Depends. Some departments have no issue with it, some will be a**hats about it. If there's no law against it in your state, I say give it a try. I'd be trying the same thing if I wasn't in the gestapo state.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Just be careful because there very well be ATF of some other Government entity snooping around to bust for illegal gun transactions. They've done it in Kalifornia. Don't fall for any Bait.
At least in Ohio there is no law against a FTF firearm transaction as long as both are legally allowed to own the firearm. So no laws to be broken here. Although I’ve never heard of a “buy back” anywhere around here.
Same in Georgia. Cops didn't care, but wanted the buyers to not conduct business on city property. That pushed them back into a parking lot half a block away. The buyers all had signs, "We'll pay more for your guns. Up to $500 paid."

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, there was no opportunity to purchase. They got about 160 guns. A couple Luger’s and was told a Remington Rand were among them. A couple screen grabs from the news.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dang, that's unfortunate. Hopefully that department resells the guns they get to local gun shops and doesn't destroy them. I'd hate to see any gun destroyed, especially historical ones.
Not so much. They were melting them down on sight and making gardening tools out of them !!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts