1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
shooter of guns, petter of dogs
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have an sti with a Heinie rear and red fiber optic front sight. Does anyone sell ONLY front tritium sights for 1911s?

Couldn’t find it on Trijicon or TruGlo sites.

I do like the rear “Ledge” sight but don’t care much for the red fiber optic front.
Any help appreciated.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,582 Posts
Reactions: Berf and HooDoo Man

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh I saw that one. I really wanted one with a white ring painted on.

I guess I should have asked, can I even use another companies front sight with a heinie rear? Will it line up?

thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
I like the Heine Straight eights also. But if I remember correctly Novak has a front sight N/S only. Try Brownells or Midway,or Novak site itself.

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the Heine Straight eights also. But if I remember correctly Novak has a front sight N/S only. Try Brownells or Midway,or Novak site itself.
Do you have any trouble with the straight eight in day time? It looks like there is a metal ring around the tritium that may be visible in daylight?

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
No problem for me. My favorite sight combo. I put them on everything I can. At first I didn't think I would not like them till I bought a DW that had them. I can shoot very accurately with a fast sight picture. But, that's me.

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem for me. My favorite sight combo. I put them on everything I can. At first I didn't think I would not like them till I bought a DW that had them. I can shoot very accurately with a fast sight picture. But, that's me.

Sounds good to me. I’ll probably just get that one. The exposed fiber optic seems fragile and apt to break. And you can’t see it for $h!t at night. Seems it would snag easily too. Now to find a local gunsmith I can actually trust with my STI.......

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Dawson sells Fronts only.
I think Brownells has a white outline night sight also for Novak cuts.
EDIT
STI has their own sight cut, but a novak can be fitted to it

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hate fiber optic front sights. Will never buy a 1911 without night sights unless I get such a great deal the extra money is inconsequential.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah this STI was a few hundred dollars under msrp. And BNIB old single stack. Had to have it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I feel the same. I have a DVC Carry I just acquired, the prior owner sent it back to STI for the FO sights. I have a set of night sights from Dawson (which are supposedly the OE STI night sights) that I am going to put on today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts