1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
chicken wings
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone’s opinion on buying a 1911 without the original box? Especially on older production guns?

Asking from everyone’s perspective, not just collectors.

It’s one of my weird pet peeves. Does it bother you?

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
It's nice to have but I don't worry too much about them, especially with older guns.

Reactions: Kip

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Not at all, I'm interested in the gun, not the box

Exactly right!

I kept the old S&W boxes because they were collectable guns, most of my Sigs came with boxes & they take up space. 1911’s I couldn’t care less, some of my S70 colts came with their boxes, boxes are gone - May have used them to ship the guns to smiths or tossed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Dub

·
Banned
306 Posts
It's only a thing because it's a thing. Given two equal choices or a choice where it cost slightly more I"ll choose w/box because others have issues without it even if all my boxes just take up space.

Thing is that the box tends to be more desirable and most believe the gun was better cared for if the box is present. If not better cared for or more desirable somehow it's always worth a bit more and sells a bit more easily than without.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Wouldn't bother me to much. Most newer higher end guns come in nice bags which I think you should keep for resale and the only other box I would want if I was buying , is the one that comes with the Springfield pros.

·
7,829 Posts
I keep all my Baer boxes, they're the best.

·
7,829 Posts
I hope they merge these threads so I don't have to keep posting in both of them.:confused:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don’t want to be the custodian of a box, especially with the intent of pleasing any future owners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.