1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all...have had a C&R for a number of years, don't use it all that much but comes in handy when needed so to me worth the $30...so the renewal form comes in the other day, well ahead of the March 2020 expiration...nice job BATF...in years past, I never put anything down in section B Hours of Operation..for some reason I felt the need to email BATF asking should i leave it blank or just write in "Collector"? The reply was "It is required that you provide one hour in which ATF will be able to contact you if needed".

The 2nd part of this - back page, C. 7a "How many firearms have you bought or acquired with your firearms license in the last 3 years"? Pretty straight forward question. What i don't understand is 7b "How many firearms have you sold or disposed of with your firearms license over the past 3 years"? If I'm disposing /sold any firearm, I'm using the provided FFL of the buyer...has nothing to do with mine. If I'm selling to a buyer in-state, again, FFL not required if I have no reason to doubt a buyers eligibility to possess a firearm. How would one use their C&R to dispose of a firearm? Not in the business of selling/buying so that isn't the issue...can't figure that one out..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
So, answer "None" and don't overthink it.

Reactions: FWoo45 and FrankG

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,784 Posts
So, answer "None" and don't overthink it.
And if ATF actually visits during the hours the OP stated on the license, and they look at his book and find that "none" is a false answer, what happens then?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
And if ATF actually visits during the hours the OP stated on the license, and they look at his book and find that "none" is a false answer, what happens then?
If you used your C&R to acquire the weapon and subsequently sell it, yeah - you'd need to show it. But not anything you did NOT acquire using it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always understood once you got your C&R, any acquisition of a C&R, regardless if the license was used or not, had to be entered into the bound book? For instance, I acquired a few C&R pistols within state, didn't use the license but entered them in the bound book...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
One of the reasons I've never bothered with one - regulatory issues can be confusing, and if you mess up it's NOT a pleasant experience.

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Registered
335 Posts
I always understood once you got your C&R, any acquisition of a C&R, regardless if the license was used or not, had to be entered into the bound book? For instance, I acquired a few C&R pistols within state, didn't use the license but entered them in the bound book...
That is correct. You don’t actually use your license, you ARE a licensee, so any C&R eligible firearm you acquire as a licensee must be logged, whether you actually had to show your license or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.