C. Rusty Sherrick?

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by ACP, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Stumbled upon C. Rusty Sherrick recently, anybody had any experience with their holsters? If so what models and what’s the review?

2. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018

3. RMF308

RMF308 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Yes, I used a number of C. Rusty’s SIS holsters. Excellent top tier quality with an extensive wait list. When I ordered my last SIS set.. it was a year+ wait for the order.

4. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013
    The gear is good. The wait is long.

FWoo45 likes this.
  5. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Those two generally go hand in hand, looks to be good straight forward stuff

nikerret likes this.
  6. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Good to know, are you using the SIS for duty or concealed? Govt 1911 or other weapon?

7. Tactical Rico

Tactical Rico Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Some years ago I had Rusty build me a competition holster that I could also use as a duty holster, if only my agency would allow 1911's. My agency never allowed them but the holster saw some competition use before IDPA became popular...........fastest thumb break I've ever used (mostly because of the muzzle forward cant) but it could also be used w/o the thumb break by tightening the tension screw, which is how it got most of it's use. This isn't the belt I used with it but shows the cant.......
    Will hold any Govt. model with or w/o a rail and with or w/o a red dot.........Don't think Rusty makes these anymore, and remember, I'm a lefty.
    TR

Attached Files:

OneEyedTanker, FWoo45 and ACP like this.
  8. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Nice lookin rig!

Tactical Rico likes this.
  9. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Zeroing in on a US High Ride or Gochenour, anybody have some hours logged with either?

10. Pit Bull 45acp

Pit Bull 45acp Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I wear a C. Rusty Sherrick modified Vertical High Ride Scabbard. I had Rusty customize the holster by including the Tom Givens Speed Draw cut out. This opens the front of the holster approx. three quarters of the way down the ejection port.
    I've been wearing this holster at work for approx. 18 months as well to several pistol classes such as the Rangemaster Instructor Development Course.

The holster is extremely comfortable with my Hackathorn Commander (light weight) during a 10 hour day of in and out of the car. It is discreet as the belt loop in the rear (ala Bruce Nelson Professional) tucks the grip into the body. The fit is very good as the weapon remains secured during open hands training. The holster remains open for ease to re-holster. The front sight channel keeps the front sight clean for presentation. Craftsmanship is on par with some of the best leather makers. I recommend Rusty for this holster. Be patient.

At work I wear two pistols. The Hackathorn Commander on the right is in the Sherrick horsehide. The CQB Compact LW-LR is in a Milt Sparks 55BN crossdraw. The double mag case is Sparks also. Another great holster company. JW

Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special & CQB LW-LR Dec 2019 2 (3008 x 2000).jpg

nikerret, OneEyedTanker, ACP and 4 others like this.
  11. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018

Very nice looking setup, thanks for the review. I’m certainly looking for a “high and tight” option and wondered on whether this would trade off comfort, retention, etc. but sounds like you’ve had good results.

12. Street Survival

Street Survival Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Rusty Sherrick is an awesome holster maker, I believe he may be retired right now.

ACP likes this.
  13. arcsandsparks

arcsandsparks New Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Actually, he is in the process of making a set up for me, although I believe he took a hiatus for a while.

OneEyedTanker and ACP like this.
  14. arcsandsparks

arcsandsparks New Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Just got mine in. Would post pics, but apparently I am spam...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

15. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    What do you do, for work? Awesome rig.

16. Pit Bull 45acp

Pit Bull 45acp Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Personal Protection / Security

17. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018

What’d you have made?

18. arcsandsparks

arcsandsparks New Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Rangemaster thinman and a double mag carrier. Posted in another thread. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted