1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. Been a shooter my whole life. I have an older CT Brian custom Colt Government Mark IV Series 70 made 79-81. It was part of my fathers extensive collection I inherited 16 yrs ago. It has been in a heated gun safe since the 90s. I'm not sure if he purchased it already worked on or if he commissioned the work directly from CT Brian. I have called the phone # on the web site, disconnected. I sent an email to [email protected], no response yet, to see if they have any info on work done and value of work. It has extra springs that look similar, I take it they are stock parts. BBGV says a stock 100% Blue Finish is valued at $1450, Nickle finish $1800. That seems low with out the customizing. This one is blue and satin. Any thoughts on value from any experts?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
Beautiful pistol, Tim's work is top notch, definitely wait to hear back from him. Value will depend on a lot of things, but since it has been worked on(fortunately by a well known smith), the BBGV prices will have no relevance what so ever to this pistol.

I will add that the BBGV prices listed actually seem on the high end for a late 70's small letter Colt, but again, ZERO relevance on this particular pistol. Also the frame is likely Hard Chromed by Tim, not a factory nickel finish, and that is a good thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the welcome. I had a feeling SHOKDU was going to have some #s for me after reading some of your posts, thanks. I will gladly wait for contact from Tim, hopefully he will have records going back that far. I may be enticed to sell this one if the value is so much that it's worth parting with. I have never shoot this one, not sure if my dad did or not, he was more of a shotgun guy when he went shooting, he got most of his collection for investment purposes. I have 4 other 1911s, 1 that I shoot. So no worries I won't be unprotected if someone wants to be the new owner.

·
Get off my lawn...
14,928 Posts
Thank you all for the welcome. I had a feeling SHOKDU was going to have some #s for me after reading some of your posts, thanks. I will gladly wait for contact from Tim, hopefully he will have records going back that far. I may be enticed to sell this one if the value is so much that it's worth parting with. I have never shoot this one, not sure if my dad did or not, he was more of a shotgun guy when he went shooting, he got most of his collection for investment purposes. I have 4 other 1911s, 1 that I shoot. So no worries I won't be unprotected if someone wants to be the new owner.
Just a suggestion, but I'd hang on to everything that was my father's. Absolutely priceless. JMHO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts