C.T. Brian Full House Custom

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by Fast Draw, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Fast Draw

Fast Draw Active Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Pulled this beautiful Colt 45 Gov Mark IV 70 out of the heated safe after being hidden from the world for the past 4 decades. Was my fathers who passed 15 yrs ago. After purchasing the gun he sent it to Tim of C.T. Brian who did a Full House Custom on it. I would have been around 18 in 1980ish. Not knowing these details before his passing, to me it was just another of the 30 or so guns he had amassed in his safe. I'm a gun guy as well, just didn't know all of what he had until his passing. After my mothers timely passing a couple yrs ago, the safe and it's contents became mine. Most of the inventory was 3rd Gen Colt SAAs NIB, but a number of them were semi autos and a couple shotguns. Anticipating an upcoming move to a new home, I have been whittling down the inventory of things that were more investment for him and going to use the proceeds as addition to our down payment. I think he would approve. Not knowing much about this gun, but knowing it wasn't just an investment, it has never been looked at to sell. Recently I decided to find out about the history of this Colt. I sent an email to Tim of C.T.Brian to see if he maybe remembered what he had done and it's estimated value. Tim responded with very good news. He remembered my dad and his Colt, and doing the work on top of that. He was able to tell me, after seeing photos I sent him, that it was the Full House Custom job, that Tim is famous for, that he had done. He re-blued the upper and lower is chrome hardened as well. He also set an astonishing current value of it at between 4 and 5 K. It will go up for sale at some point, just to much value to have in in a safe, would be a nice addition to the down payment funds. But just wanted share it's beauty before it's hidden away again. IMG_20190314_134007.jpg IMG_20190314_133835.jpg IMG_20190314_134111.jpg View attachment 256393 IMG_20190314_134215.jpg

mlea5150, hks1911, simonp and 19 others like this.
  2. leadfarmer

leadfarmer Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2018
    I would never be able to sell that keepsake my friend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Very special. Thanks for sharing

JeffK likes this.
  4. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Very Very Nice Indeed!!!!!!!!!!

5. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 18, 2016
    Very nice, keep it.

colrhino likes this.
  6. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    I would spend 3-$500 on a custom built presentation case of my wood choice and would be on my mantle or coffee table for all to see. My Dad's personal gun that he probably carried, sorry not for sale at or above maximum value!

Jim D

7. samuse

samuse Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
  8. jkid1911

jkid1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Thanks for sharing this!

9. A45GUNNER

A45GUNNER Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Very cool piece I would definitely hold on to that one

colrhino and retrieverman like this.
  10. puddi_nugget

puddi_nugget Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Sentimental value alone would keep me from selling that. On top of that, a pistol like that gets marked down in the 1911 history books.

colrhino and retrieverman like this.
  11. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    Wow, A C.T. Haven't seen one of these for years. If I had the funds I'd buy it if for no other reason than to keep some idiot from getting their paws on it. :)

GLWS.

colrhino, simonp and Fast Draw like this.
  12. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Great full custom, by CT Brian! I love the Kings barrel bushing! This is a true piece of history! If possible, hang on to this one. You can’t put a value on anything that was special to your Dad. Absolutely PRICELESS! Thank you for sharing!

colrhino likes this.
  13. Fast Draw

Fast Draw Active Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Trust me I've been grappling with sentiment vs purpose. I look at the guns that were collectables, as most were that I inherited, not shooters, as a gift from my late father to help with our down payment to a new home that will be our forever home. He like myself was a Realtor and I think he would be OK with me letting them go to people that really have an interest in collectables to get us a nice piece of real estate. I'm in the mind set that a gun is for a purpose not just to be looked at. I still have 9 really great guns that all have sentimental value and are usable. So I pray they will go to a good home.

colrhino and wrmiller like this.
  14. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    I’m with you on that! That’s a gun I’d love to own, carry and shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

colrhino likes this.
  15. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    That should be pasted down in the family. Never to be sold. My Dad a flew B-17s served in Korea and 3 tours of Vietnam. In Vietnam he carried a Remington model 11 with 18" barrel. As a Col in the Air Force he carried what he wanted. He gave it to me and I gave to my son.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted