1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not something you see very often - A Government and Commander set from one of America's 1911 icons.

I ordered the base guns from Les Baer in 2015 (frames and slides only) on the precise instructions of Tim Brian: no serrations, slide & frame fit untouched, ejection port left alone etc. My input into the build was minimal. All I asked for was a double French border on the top & bottom of the slide and fixed sights, and the rest was up to Tim. Almost five years later Tim started the builds and below is what he produced.

For the full set of hi-res photos click here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tL6wXqhTZZc9wTyw9 and Here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xyT7bGy1EEcMbUDy9

These are both spoken for guys, so you can stop thinking about what you're gonna tell the wife and just enjoy! :)

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,599 Posts
Those guns are.outrageous! The details are wild. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Woooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. It’s even made me love the parts I don’t like. I don’t like serrating the rear of slide, but this completely works, for me. Consider these images stolen, so I can drool, later.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,026 Posts
So, he runs a 5 year wait ? I can see why :jawdrop:

·
Failed all therapy
3,154 Posts
Saw that pair on a FB post of yours a while back, I believe. Great to hear they are spoken for, so I don’t have to get a second mortgage on the house. :) Beautiful set!

Reactions: FWoo45

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,026 Posts
@1911enthusist The top of the slide just flows into the rear sight, look at the post underneath it

·
NRA Life Member
621 Posts
So, he runs a 5 year wait ? I can see why :jawdrop:
I believe Tim's books are now closed (or at least they were last year).

I have a build scheduled with him that's probably 2 to 3 years out (the pics above renewed my excitement for the build).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts