Cabot review on M1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Wheezy, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    :puke: Most overpriced pistol on the market. Oh, and ...:puke:

2. sjd78

sjd78 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    I agree! :puke:

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Well, variety is the spice of life. :smilie:

Andy

4. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Cabot 1911

Wow, huge price. Not sure it's better than any of the Custom pistols out there at a much reduced price.:nod:

5. Lama

Lama Member

Sep 5, 2011
    The automotive equivalent:

[​IMG]

6. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Like the blueing over the polished surfaces.

Ive never held or shot even a $2000 pistol so I can't really comment on a $4500 pistol that I haven't held or shot.

Good write up

7. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I spoke with the president of CABOT GUNS on Wed. evening
    As all of their first run of 50 guns is sold and the queue for the second run is just about full,they really aren't concerned about internet presence at all.

They are selling all they can build as it is. :biggrin1:

And at a production scale of 200 pistols per year,I don't think any of us have to worry about running down to the lgs and being tempted.:lol:

Just think of Korth and the market they appeal to , and then you"ll understand where their headed.

DAT85

8. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    "they really aren't concerned about internet presence at all." DAT liked your review & I'm sure their is someone out there that may want one of these... But Cabot not concerned about their internet presence & PR come on. These guys have jammed their foot into every 1911 forum they could, bought advertising space on one and have approached several dealers to have them sell their guns. Don't let them BS you.

9. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Spending anything over $1400 for a handgun (rifle different story) is above and beyond rational thinking during these times in this Country :der:, it's disgusting to think that there are people out there that can spend that kind of money on a F'ing pistol, all for one reason only - so they can say they have it... My S&W's with there EE's will hit a target the same way the Cabot, Wilson, Fusion, blah, blah, blah does, and when and if i want a GI.50 I'll buy the conversion slide and slap it on my G20 and hit that target just as good if not better than with the 1911 version, and save myself $2600 dollars -

This Country needs a Re-Boot ...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  10. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Only part of your post that I agree with.

11. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Surprised you agree with any of it - lol...

12. zaskar017

zaskar017 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    If someone has the money and wants to buy a handgun over $1400 what does it matter to you? It isn't your money it shouldn't be disgusting to you. They worked for their money and decided they want to spend $4000 on a 1911. Someone could have the same question about every piece of merchandise in your home. He doesn't need that expensive car. "I can drive my yugo from home to work the same way he can drive his Ferrari." "He doesn't need that big of a TV, that faster computer, those fancy shoes, or expensive shirt, I can get those same things at Walmart for 1/3 of the price"

I'll stop there

13. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    edited sent PM -

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  14. zaskar017

zaskar017 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Thank you for that very entertaining PM.
    If that is what you edited out from your post, you should have kept it posted so everyone can see the type of person you are.

15. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Your welcome anything else I can help you with - ?

16. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    It's disgusting that people have the money to afford the things they want? I say good for them, I always hope to have the money to buy the things I want. If I don't I save up until I do, and then I buy it.

17. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    You first post was going to ruffle some feathers on a 1911 forum. I'm pretty sure you knew that. Let's end the bickering and snide comments right here, or this thread will have a very short life span.

18. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Guys, like Joe said...dial it down on the personal remarks.

19. sjd78

sjd78 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    Well heck, post up his PM for the rest of us to get some entertainment out of!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted