California keeps high capacity magazines!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dallas Knight, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I’ve already received 4 calls about this. Needless to say, we are excited. At least for now

xerts1191, Journeyman1234 and FWoo45 like this.

3. oldshaky

oldshaky Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2019
    That is good news. Hopefully just the first step to repealing more of their stupid laws.

Babboonbobo and ToniTX like this.
  4. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Exciting but with asshat in office and those around him it won't stand. Call me jaded but I've spent all of my 31 years in this ridiculous state and I've seen how these things go. It is a ray of hope.

5. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    They should attack the stupid roster list as well as magazine capacity

6. FarmD0G

FarmD0G Member

Mar 7, 2019
    With that in mind. I wouldn't put it past whoever runs the roster list, to coincidentally only approve firearms that have 10 or less rounds. But at least it's a step in the right direction for the CA government.
    Interesting that the judge cited how home invasion victims ran out of bullets defending themselves. What is happening? Are they actually making sense?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

unclebuck5 likes this.
  7. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Good guys finally win one in Cali, congrats!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  8. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Yes. For now.

9. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    I'm thinking the 9th Circuit will overturn the ruling.

wrmiller and Harleyvato like this.
  10. rk1911

rk1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2017
    Supposedly Brownells shipped 350K mags on Monday.

samuse likes this.
  11. Dallas Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    I have no idea if that’s true or not but I was figuring there’d be a little bit of a run on higher capacity magazines due to all the folks in Kali who haven’t been allowed to buy/posses them for many years. If Trump has his way, there’s going to be a wider selection of conservative judges making up the pool of judges (29 of them) in the Ninth District - much to the chagrin of Feinstein and Kamala Harris.

FWoo45 likes this.
  12. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    I am pessimistic. The antis will appeal until they get the ban reinstated, the supreme court will not take an appeal the other way, all those magazines will be worthless, maybe sold cheap out of state. In the meanwhile, users of full capacity magazines will be harassed as though there had been no verdict.

FWoo45 likes this.
  13. Dallas Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    And yet Judge Benitez, in 2017 had granted a preliminary injunction stopping enforcement of the high capacity magazine ban - a decision upheld by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

FWoo45 likes this.
  14. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Newsom, AG. Becerra and the Mexican/Leftist Legislature will be howling like mashed cats. Don't think for a moment they are going to give up!

15. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    But...but... but High Capacity Assault Clipazines are racist or transphobic or have transfats or something.

FWoo45 and Dallas Knight like this.
  16. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    They aren’t high capacity magazines.
    They are STANDARD capacity magazines.
    And yes everyone from Brownells to Palmetto State Armory to even Wilson Combat are accepting orders and shipping them.
    It won’t go back to the 9th.

Take the time and read Judge Benitez’s ruling on this. It reads like a founding father wrote it.

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content...12fQ-TqLJPWXleE7ieEOj6P2hguw6ohYp3SXJB1hR_ASo

The magazine ban is done in California for now. And if the above ruling is challenged it’ll take years to even get to the point to where another court or judge renders an opinion on it. But the ruling and writing Benetiz uses is quite solid.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted