California Wildfires ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LYKUNO, Nov 10, 2018.

1. LYKUNO

LYKUNO Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Just saw this pic of one of the California wildfires posted on one of the car forums I frequent. This is from the Malibu area. Not looking good and hope everyone here from CA is safe.

[​IMG]

2. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Trumps fault, he’s mismanaged the forest according to the media.

boatdoc likes this.

3. Steve Kind

Steve Kind New Member

Dec 25, 2017
    Very Scary.........

4. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    fire is one of my fears. we have so many pets that escaping with all of them might be impossible.
    how sad. Wonder if the POTUS knows something that we do not pertaining to the mismanagement of Crazifornia land?

5. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    40 years ago there used to be frequent control burns to prevent these mega fires we have these days.I remember going to Yosemite and listening to rangers speak on the subject. Now you listen to tree huggers and they say fire is bad mmm k?
    So no more burning dead brush making way for new growth. Heck some seeds types dont germinate unless exposed to high temps.

I dont remember the year, but I remember hearing that the control burns would stop per CA management. So just like everything else in this state, politicians are fawking it up royally.

I pray my neighbors are safe.

Glock2740 and Babboonbobo like this.
  6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    The fires suck and yes the controlled burns used to keep these fro happening according to the history channel. I’ve seen a few shows on the subject years ago. I hope everyone stays safe.

On a side note: that is an awesome picture!

7. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    The Tree Huggers and the Sierra are reaping the rewards of all their hard work backed by the Liberals running the state....Can't clear dead trees but it is okay to let entire communities burn to the ground....Then they elect another Liberal.

Karsten

john_anch_ak, cghelton and Glock2740 like this.
  8. Philip A.

Philip A. Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Been in a... “conversation”, for lack of a better word, with a liberal acquaintance of mine on social media.

Hi post was about Trump being a moron for saying that California had mismanaged its forests.

I sent links to a bunch of articles dating back months and years, forewarning exactly what is happening today, and explaining in details the fire and ecosystem management shortcomings and failures in California over decades.

Well... Couldn’t get a sensible reply, other like-minded people jumped in, and all they could do was yapping at Trump, at Trump supporters, at me (as a troll supporting Trump...), and at conservatives in general. Nobody did answer one single question pertaining to fire management, not one...

Can’t get these people to think. It’s ridiculous.

9. LYKUNO

LYKUNO Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    A couple more pics from the same car forum. This is what it looked like in LA the last two days ... over 85,000 acres burning and about 15% contained as of this morning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

xerts1191 likes this.
  10. TheDoaner

TheDoaner Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2015
    I've spent most of this month in Northern Cali on a work assignment walking through rubble. As a gun guy, I've made a few observations that I can't seem to get out of my mind. First off, I encountered hundreds of gun safes, none of which still had a dial or handle. It's as if they did no good whatsoever in a fire of this magnitude. Secondly, I've walked by thousands of firearms...not a single one anywhere near salvageable condition. As a matter of fact, I can count on one hand how many I saw with any traces of wood left and still have two fingers left over. Thirdly, I saw a considerable amount of stuff that I didn't think you could have in California. While, most of the residences didn't have any material possessions worth saving, I did see a great deal of Stanley thermoses and ceramic coffee mugs that seemed to fare much better than anything else. Maybe that's what my next gun safe needs to be made from. I'm back in the freezing midwest now, but my heart goes out to anyone who has been a wildfire victim.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted