close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cam Newton

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by july19, Oct 11, 2017.

1. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Apparently the media have their collective tit in a ringer because Cam Newton laughed / snickered when a female reporter quized him about his receivers’ pass routes. No doubt she played four years of college ball as a “tight end” and was very adept at analyzing routes and reading defensive pass coverage. So, he shouldn’t have impuned her purported football prowess with a giggle - a dismissive giggle at that. How dare he?
    I thought about it for a few minutes and decided that Cam may want to call a presser with several, assorted women of child bearing age and review the finer points of tampon insertion and removal followed by a Q & A.

Sterling Archer and tac45 like this.
  2. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    hes an arrogant prick. she or anyone else doesn't have to play football to understand and analyze routes

Usp45ct, Weiker, Stogies and 2 others like this.

3. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    I've heard of fig newton, who is cam?

Apollo12, Stogies and WC145 like this.
  4. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
    It's being massively blown out of proportion. I totally get where he was coming from. It wasn't a slam at women, just an oddity for him that he commented on. It's over-sensitive PC crap.

Blue Ridge, Oldag, WC145 and 3 others like this.
  5. Cloudsmoker

Cloudsmoker Active Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    He's a terrific athlete. Just gets too snarky for his own good, particularly on bad days.

Blue Ridge, Usp45ct and Stogies like this.
  6. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Sorry, they lost me. I haven't paid any attention to the game or the athletes in two years.

Glock2740 and Usp45ct like this.
  7. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 24, 2012

With the same respect, mention to him that you feel taking a knee is insulting and you see no reason for it, let me know who gets sensitive after that.

You want to be sensitive about that crap, that is up to you.

What kind of man demands respect but does not give it...its easy; someone who has never earned it.

8. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
    I don't know if he's part of the kneeling stuff or not, I know little about the guy. I was just commenting on this specific situation.

Blue Ridge and Usp45ct like this.
  9. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 24, 2012
    I am not calling you out, just stating the obvious, he want respect to be given him because he can sometimes do his job, but quick to call out others when they are doing their job.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  10. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    Old news. He's cocky as hell and sometimes gets called out for it. Just another talented individual who got given too much money and fame and does a poor job dealing with it all. After his dismal performance in the super bowl I made the prediction that he will never participate in another one. I hope I am proven wrong but I really don't think he cares. He doesn't have the competitiveness of a Tom Brady who wants to win at all costs.

Usp45ct likes this.
  11. Rpowell911

Rpowell911 Member

Feb 24, 2017

He ain't much of a fashion plate, either... :usa:

Usp45ct likes this.
  12. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    He's a punk.

Babboonbobo and Usp45ct like this.
  13. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 3, 2011
    I've never been a fan of Cam, but I'll defend his statement here. He said, "It's funny hearing a woman talk about routes." Funny also means odd or unusual. It isn't typical for a female to talk about offensive football concepts and game strategy, it just isn't!

He even lost his Dannon yogurt sponsorship over it. I guess that statement was too....
    uncultured. (I'll be here all week, try the veal)

Babboonbobo and livinthelife like this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted