1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an auction close on GB for a Norinco AK Underfolder in 5.56.....winning bidder is in CT. Had the usual disclaimers about checking the laws in your state, etc - but he bid on it and won anyway. My initial research says he can't buy/own it - is that accurate? I'm gonna be a ticked-off seller if that's right.

Reactions: boatdoc

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Only if he is certified military or Leo. Us peasants can buy AK others but not traditional AKs

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we can If it’s a Norinco 84s it’s legal here pre ban Aks that aren’t chambered in 7.62x39 are legal.
Thanks - I'm feeling better about it. I just didn't want to get caught up in another state's unconstitutional legal system!

Reactions: boatdoc

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks - I'm feeling better about it. I just didn't want to get caught up in another state's unconstitutional legal system!

This stuff amazes me, no offense. It is NOT your problem wether they can won’t or not. It is the buyer that needs to worry. I see this all the time....what, is the AG from CT or MA going to come to your house and spank yor for it? Tell the, to fudge off...and get off your property!

If it a weapon, it is going to an FFL. Period. Transaction done. If the FFL says no bueno; tough crap for the buyer. If you are in a banned state, you either know the rules and call your FFL ahead of time, or you try to get the rifle from the FFL and he says no. Either way....the buyer has his money and the FFL will transfer the gun or the buyer in the ban state just learned an expensive adult lesson.

Word of advice. Obey Federal laws and the laws of the state you are currently in. You are not responsible to know the fudgeed up laws of every state or territory.

Sorry OP. Not going off on you, just clearing the air as I live in a **** state

·
Registered
645 Posts
The problem in Ma. a roster state isn't availability....it's the mark -up....AR's and restricted handguns/magazines are available.
Grandfathered possession and sale of restricted items. C&R licenses and direct home shipping,absolutely legal(Federally) ,LEO's and new residents moving with guns are also sources.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, they HAVE charged folks for shipping "prohibited weapons" into other states. Where it went from there, I have no clue. I just know it's not worth the legal fees to find out. I have his FFL's license and contact info, though - and they know what's coming, so I'll make a quick call tomorrow to double-check, and unless they tell me they won't/can't receive it, then it's on him. I just miss America.......

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Actually, they HAVE charged folks for shipping "prohibited weapons" into other states. Where it went from there, I have no clue. I just know it's not worth the legal fees to find out. I have his FFL's license and contact info, though - and they know what's coming, so I'll make a quick call tomorrow to double-check, and unless they tell me they won't/can't receive it, then it's on him. I just miss America.......

Can you provide a cite on what case “they” went after private citizens? If know some 2A lawyer looking to make a name for themselves and this would work out well.

Thanks whole interstate commerce this no jus to start.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The problem in Ma. a roster state isn't availability....it's the mark -up....AR's and restricted handguns/magazines are available.
Grandfathered possession and sale of restricted items. C&R licenses and direct home shipping,absolutely legal(Federally) ,LEO's and new residents moving with guns are also sources.

Direct home shipping of a firearm from a private citizen to a private citizen from outside the state is not legal if the recipient or shipper is not an FFL (C&R is an FFL03). Handguns must go through an instate FFL from outside the state or in MA, must compete an EFA-10 online during a FTF and get approval. The approval is part of the era-10. The seller gets 4 each EFA-10 sales per calendar year. there are convoluted ways to buy off roster guns in MA. The guns are not illegal for an individual to own, just for the dealer to sell. The approved roster is only half the equation. There is the WG approval as well. See Glocks as they are on the approved roster but they he AG deems then not safe so illegal to buy through a dealer. Now ask me how I own 5 legally.

Reactions: Justin_Pelletier

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you provide a cite on what case “they” went after private citizens?
Not a private citizen, but an FFL - don't recall, but one of the northern states put out a "cease and desist" because a company was shipping things to people that ordered them - I do recall that CA has said they'd prosecute an FFL that shipped a "non-roster" firearm into a CA FFL. I don't want to create issues for my FFL.....especially since I'm a partner in said FFL.<G>

It's really a moot point - looks like we're GTG, which I'll further confirm w/the buyers FFL tomorrow morning. My partner may already know the answers, but he's busy enough so that I prefer not to add to HIS workload.

And yeah - it's happened:

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/06...ealer-that-shipped-banned-products-to-nj.html

Is one case that a quick search turned up.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Greg45acp, they are correct of course you can sell anything to ninjas, you can sell them anything, anywhere at any time. They are ninjas.

·
Registered
358 Posts
How is it possible that a federally protected RIGHT is being trampled on, in these states? Why are there no lawyers in these states , not pounding the state government with lawsuit after lawsuit? Or ami missing something, and maybe they are? Just feeling bad for ya’ll, that all.
Steve in Myrtle Beach SC———-free America!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How is it possible that a federally protected RIGHT is being trampled on, in these states?
If you're just now realizing how badly our rights are being restricted across this country, you need to read more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts