Can't decide between CZ P-01 Omega and CZ P-07. Help!

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Tucky, Jun 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tucky

Tucky Got bourbon?

Mar 11, 2012
    I already have a 9mm M&P Shield with future trigger and sights upgrades. I am looking for another gun to start my own collection. Why? I confess, I am an addict now.

The last two weeks, I've been 100% set on the CZ P-07 but today I've gone back to the drawing board after falling in love with the CZ P-01 Omega Convertible. Now, I am 85% set on getting that instead of the P-07. I will buy one of these on July 8th. I hope to make the new CZ (either one) my EDC. I think the all metal construction is a great item to pass on down through my lineage. I don't know if the new polymers' composition are engineered to withstand age and not become brittle after many years. I don't mind the metal's extra heft on the belt. No big deal.

Am I making the right decision to go with the P-01 Omega over the P-07? Which one would you personally go with if you were in my situation?

Bullseye and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  2. Bro. Pappaw

Bro. Pappaw Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I'm all metal myself. That would be my choice. I have no reference on polymer aging.

3. rjinaz85308

rjinaz85308 North Central AZ Grasslands Supporting Addict

Jul 27, 2012
    I have both a P-07 and a P-01. If I had to select only one it would be the P-01. Changed out the springs and the grips. Got the front sight installed, but the rear sight is being very stubborn about coming out. Mine is not the Omega but since I left the P-07 as a decocker it is still a fair comparison.[​IMG]

Tucky and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  4. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
  5. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    PO-1 Omega... polymer sucks...

6. Tucky

Tucky Got bourbon?

Mar 11, 2012
    P01 it is. Thanks boys.

7. Soltangris

Soltangris Member

Aug 13, 2015
    ive owned most cz's out there,,,, of the two choices yeah p-01... or build something like I did..
    [​IMG]

8. Tucky

Tucky Got bourbon?

Mar 11, 2012
  9. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I have a p07 and love it. I think it's perfectly fine. I have not owned or shot the PO1. I don't think you could go wrong with either. I think anything cz rocks. Congrats on your future PO1 purchase.

I wouldn't mind having a p01, but I think my next cz will be some kind of sp01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven312 and Tucky like this.
  10. Soltangris

Soltangris Member

Aug 13, 2015
    I just got a couple sphinx guns... a 15 rd alpha and a 17rd alpine white sdp... they compare nicely to my CZ's from cz custom and cajun gun works.

Quack and Tucky like this.
  11. Tucky

Tucky Got bourbon?

Mar 11, 2012
    Yesterday, I stopped by Bud's after work and they told me they didn't have the P-01 Omega in stock and that they didn't know when they would have one in. I didn't put any money down and I'm now looking elsewhere, including Bud's online shop. The only two I could find so far are on Gunbroker and one of them are asking for $661 and the other one has a cosmetic blemish and is asking for $501. I personally don't mind the blemish because I really want one of those badly.

Another question: is the Omega trigger even an upgrade over the original trigger? Is the Cajun Gun Works trigger upgrade a lot nicer than the Omega trigger? If so, I will get the regular P-01 instead! Let me know what you guys think.

12. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    P-01 or a Sphinx.
    Main reason being you can use 75 mags, while the P-07 uses different mags

13. Tucky

Tucky Got bourbon?

Mar 11, 2012
    The Sphinx is so hot but kind of out of my price range. I could save up for that... but I want a new gun right now! LOL

Raven312, Kip and limbkiller like this.
  14. Soltangris

Soltangris Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Also see my youtube video on 17rd and 15rd sphinx each using a mec gar mag.

15. Tucky

Tucky Got bourbon?

Mar 11, 2012
    I looked through your profile for a link to youtube and tried to search for your name over there too but I couldn't find anything.

16. Soltangris

Soltangris Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Echo trigger
    Is the youtube name

Tucky likes this.
  17. Tucky

Tucky Got bourbon?

Mar 11, 2012
    Screw it. I'm going to put money down on the regular P-01 on Monday.

william adams, Kip and limbkiller like this.
  18. Soltangris

Soltangris Member

Aug 13, 2015
    P01 is super nice the way i would go also.. have some custom teigger work done and add the cz 75 combat trigger.... ill post some pics of mine later when im home.

Tucky likes this.
  19. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Replace the S&W Shield with a CZ-2075 Rami in .40 and and start looking for a good to great quality 1911 and don't look back.....Just make plans for the next couple future 1911's.

[​IMG]

Just my thoughts....Everyone have a Happy and Safe 4th and remember it isn't just a day to BBQ and drink beer.

Karsten

william adams, Tucky and Kip like this.
  20. Stromburg

Stromburg Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    image.jpg
    Good choice!!!!!!
    Nice pistol and with a little attention amazing pistol

Mines a keeper

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Raven312, Tucky and Kip like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted