1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Great lookin lead thrower!!

Reactions: SolidCustom

· Registered
44 Posts
Im reviving this thread from the dead! So this is my 2 cents on this.. If your building a 1911 my first question is are you wanting a cast frame or a forged frame? Reason I ask is most of these are "frame kits" that are going to be cast and usually need a lot of work. Do you really want to put all this work in a cast frame thats going to be a lot of time spent cleaning that thing up and possibly having other major issues? I say buy a forged gun that is all put together already and has everything ready to go like one of the Springfield Armory 1911 options. Than building it up and customizing the gun from there. That way you can shoot the gun first to make sure there is nothing wrong with it and its under warranty too if it needs any initial repair work. Ive built up many 1911s from Colts that came to me as whole guns ready to go already. Colt is my personal go to for custom 1911s mostly because they tend to need a little refining and retooling anyway. All 1911 parts seem to fit Colts more easily than others and they have awesome bones already. The steel used in Colts is of really good quality too in my opinion.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.