Cast vs. forged, Series 70 vs. Series 80.....

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by FrakkenGunner, Oct 16, 2011.

1. FrakkenGunner

FrakkenGunner New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I had the chance to fondle a S&W E-series and a Sig C3 w/CT grips.My questions:
    1.) Are Sig and S&W 1911s cast or forged frames?
    2.) Are they with or without the friggin' firing pin block safety?
    The Sig felt quite at home in my hand.The somewhat "larger" Sig Revolution felt bigger in my hand.
    Thanks for your input........

2. G27RR

G27RR Hmmm...

Oct 11, 2011
    No firing pin safety in the E series because it uses a titanium firing pin for drop safety, and I believe they are forged. Not sure about the Sig.

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Oops,......misread the OP's question

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    here we go again ...............

5. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    I do not believe S&W makes anything cast - I have an E series 5inch stainless absolutely gorgeous piece, love the fish gill cuts in the slide real classy looking and you can't beat the price ... I currently (shameless plug) have an RCS which is the custom shop version of the C3 for sale in the classifieds section I don't believe there is anything on the SIGs that are cast and from what I'm told no MIM, but I'm not 100% certain.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  6. FrakkenGunner

FrakkenGunner New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The Smif does have a very good price, if I were in the market for another 5 incher though.
    The Sig C3 w/CT also has a good price, lower than I thought it would be ............... :nod:
    My wallet may be a lot less greener........... :lol:

7. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    As long as they are using the fugly external extractor, the rest don't matter, to me.

Yeah, I know the EE works but, to me, it looks like puke and their are too many other good options out there.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted