Caught KISS in concert Raleigh, NC this past Saturday 4-6-2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RazorBurn, Apr 8, 2019.

1. RazorBurn

RazorBurn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    My wife got us tickets to the KISS show in Raleigh, NC a few months ago for me for my birthday. We made the four hour drive Saturday to Raleigh and the drive was so worth it. They sounded great and the show was as expected just 'effin spectacular! This was my first time seeing them and all I can say is that if you've never seen KISS then now is the time to do it!

This is the second time we've caught a show at PNC Arena in Raleigh and I have to say it's a real nice place and easy to get into and out of. We had a great time and I thought I'd share a few pictures and a couple of videos I uploaded on YouTube. These were taken with my cell phone so they're not the best but they're not too bad either IMHO.

20190406_202202.jpg

20190406_210459.jpg

20190406_223633.jpg

20190406_223539.jpg

Kip, DMiller, xerts1191 and 11 others like this.
  2. DR_Diesel

DR_Diesel Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Caught them in OKC last month took my 11 yr old son wanted his first concert to be a great one.
    Glad you had fun they do put on a great show

RazorBurn likes this.

3. blue steel 55

blue steel 55 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2015
    I built a new kitchen for drummer Erick Singer's mother about 15 years ago. My wife and were invited to the hotel where Kiss were staying while in town. Got to hang with them backstage and sound stage during concert. They were very nice to us. Erick's mom is still one of our best friends.

xerts1191 and RazorBurn like this.
  4. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
  5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Good times . . . .

RazorBurn likes this.
  6. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    Wow, they are still together? Last time I saw them was in '72 or '73 in Toledo IIRC.

Energizer bunnies... ;)

7. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    A good friend of mine was at that same show. He's been raving about it. Good to know they're still rocking in some form.

I saw them in Atlanta back in 1985 and they sure put on a spectacle then.

8. RazorBurn

Sep 30, 2012
    I was amazed at how energetic they were considering their age. The whole show from the lights, pyro and musicianship was totally on point. I didn't know how good of a performance we would get considering their age but I'll be damned if they didn't deliver! I hope I'm lucky enough to live that long and have the energy they did. They played for over two hours and it was a solid twenty plus song set.

xerts1191 likes this.
  9. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Another group I want to see. Never did any concerts when I was younger but trying to catch up now.

Bought tickets Saturday for Kid Rock concert in Detroit later this year!!

RazorBurn likes this.
  10. RazorBurn

Sep 30, 2012
    Was the same thing with me. Fortunately I married a metal head and we've been going to shows ever since we got together 25 years ago. We somehow always managed to miss KISS because anywhere we go to see a show is a minimum three hour drive which is part of the joys of living in southern West Virginia. Now if I could just knock Van Halen and the Scorpions off my list all would be right in the world. :)

Babboonbobo likes this.
  11. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    I saw them in 1974 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. They rocked it! To this day I’m not really sure how we all got home! Jeez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RazorBurn likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted