1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Musical instrument accessory Metal Leather Silver Steel
A coworker of mine went in to order a Guardian in 45 and walked out with a 10mm CBOB. It's a 2009 with barely any signs of use. Small idiot rub (not really a scratch) barely any wear of the duty coat on the rails and the feed ramp looks brand new. My questions are on value, any ammo to stay away from, yadda yadda yadda. Neither of us have ever shot a 10. Hoping he doesn't like it and I do so I can offer up my 45 Guardian because I don't have a 10 or a two tone. Sorry boys only have one pic he texted me.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I did NOT know they made these in two-tone . . . . that's a unicorn for sure . . . .

·
14,799 Posts
I wish . . . . . . (below)

Jaw Font Cartoon Pleased Leaf vegetable

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ammo tips. I'll let my buddy know. It's not even my gun but I'm pretty excited about it. I've never strayed from 45acp in my 1911's. Lately I've been very curious about 38 supers and possibly a 9. Hopefully I won't like the 10 because my wants are already 4 guns past my budget. Maybe he won't like it or finds it too heavy and I can work a deal for my Guardian. I carry my Baer Commanche more often anyways.

·
Registered
923 Posts
A two-tone Cbob 10mm went a couple of weeks ago on Gunbroker for $2299. If he'll trade you for the Guardian, take the deal and run!! Especially if he's not that good of a friend!;)

That is a very rare Unicorn, especially in such good condition. I had a Cbob 10mm and loved it, but recently sold it, since it was relegated to safe queen. You can't go wrong with a DW Cbob 10mm, great value and a great gun!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Based on responses here and my mediocre Google fu, I guess it is a unicorn. He's not my best friend but I still would not rip him off. You know that whole karma thing. On the other hand I would say he got it for a song. He bought it at a Field & Stream store, with 2 boxes of ammo included he payed $1091 out the door. I saw the receipt. Even I knew that was a steal. I'll try to get more pics tomorrow if he brings it in again.

·
Grip Maker and FFL Dealer
870 Posts
Can you tell me what the middle three numbers of the serial number are? I would pay a VERY high price if that gun is a consecutive serial number to the one I have. The serial number should be CT9XXXCZ

What others have said is absolutely correct. There were only 100 of these guns made in the year 2009 and they are worth a pretty penny. I look at every one I see (not too many) to see if I can ever find a consecutive serial number model to the one I have. $2500 is pretty commonly when sold on Gunbroker.

·
870 Posts
It looks like someone has beadblasted the frame and small parts though. The flats of the frame should be polished along with slide release, thumb safety, grip safety, and MSH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
14,799 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm pretty sure the flats were not bead blasted. I think it's a lousy picture. To be honest I'm not 100% sure. I have not gota response yet but I did ask him to bring it again tomorrow. He didn't get the box but does have both mags and the manual. I doubt he will sell. He just got it yesterday and has new gun fever. I believe it's his first 1911. When I get the serial # I'll pm you.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
That is super sweet! Wow! For ammo sneaky one's reply is on target. Very good stuff. Armscor a bit dirty but also shoots well. If the gun is broken in (500 rounds) and want to feel what a 10mm used to be than try the Sig Sauer Elite performance. 1250 fps, 624 ft-lbs....only when the gun is broken in (words from DW).
Cool gun. For the range I recommend Seiller and Bellot 180gr 10mm ammo. Clean, accurate and cheap For carry I use Sig Sauer 180gr V Crown. Pretty sporty round.

·
870 Posts
Thanks! I'm like a hound dog on these guns in hopes to find one of the two consecutive serial number guns to match mine. One of these days though. Being that there were only 100 made, I have seen very few, maybe 10 or so others. I like to know anytime one pops up and have a lot of people on lookout as well. I would pay a nice finders fee to the person who could find me a consecutive serial number to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As I said in pm good luck on your search. After telling him about this thread I doubt he will sell. I've never shot with him before so when we do shoot it, I'll hold out for that glimmer of hope that he doesn't like it. I will try to get some better pics when I see it again. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sweeeet! I'd likely dislocate my shoulder getting my wallet out!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts