1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, much like I need another hole in the head I am considering a DW CCO. I really like round butt CCO’s (converted multiple of mine to RB’s).

What is the groups experience with this CCO?

·
I’m just here for the 1911’s
3,010 Posts
People tend to agree that the chainlink treatment provides little to no grip. The Vigil will be out soon and it is very similar but has checkering.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have the DW CCO, accurate and flawless, front strap treatment is marginal, nothing grip tape cannot solve. I’m not a fan of he thumb safety just me. It carries well, I put full thickness starburst style Grips on mine did I say it shoots great

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People tend to agree that the chainlink treatment provides little to no grip. The Vigil will be out soon and it is very similar but has checkering.
That is one aspect that I like about the CCO really, the chain link that is.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I bought the DW ECO in 45 first for carry. I feel it shoots real good to. But when I got the DW CCO in 45, I could notice the difference in accuracy. Both are good for what they cost.
I since added the EB KC-SS, that is a fine piece of work. It just feels like it belongs in your hand .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
i have one....phenomenal shooter....very accurate, well built, and conceals like a dream OWB or IWB.

I run a 7 round flush fit mag +1 in the chamber and an 8 round mag for Officers frames....16 rounds of .45 goodness is pretty good for Concealed Carry...

although lately due to threats against LEO I carry my G19 with a spare mag...31 rounds....'mo boolits......

Reactions: OLDIRON JIM

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like you when I prefer more rounds I tend to carry my P320 and a spare mag 35 rounds! However, I do like carrying my CCO's. I have a Nighthawk T3 and a Kimber Stainless Compact. I tend to run Wilson Combat 7 rounders in them. Just really like the CCO platform. Like I said, dont need another, but ran across a DW CCO for right at $1k. Would sure like to find a good used one for around $900.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,000 Posts
I have a CCO in 38 super, quite happy with it

Reactions: gps man

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, used DW CCO for $1100, new DW CCO for $1200 or;

Lightweight Colt Commander for $860 or Steel Colt Combat Commander for $950?

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,000 Posts

That's like comparing a Lexus to a Ford, IMHO

unnamed (2).jpg

Reactions: TxTrail80

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts

don't forget...Colt's Commander series is a full size frame with Commander slide. The CCO is an officer sized frame with a Commander slide....

Reactions: Sneaky One

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
don't forget...Colt's Commander series is a full size frame with Commander slide. The CCO is an officer sized frame with a Commander slide....
Yep, been back and forth on that. The majority of my mags are 7 round officer mags so I would be best to stick with CCO.

Really only looking because I am frustrated with how long Nighthawk has had my T3 for a simple refresh.

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still substantially on the fence here guys. Headed to the range today to do some additional test shooting with my Kimber Compact and Commander to help me decide on platform. Still leaning CCO mainly because of the ability to share mags with the T3 and the Compact.

Will also go back to fondle the ECO, CCO, Valkyrie and a few other’s they have. Main issue is weight as I want to stay around a 30oz target.

Whatever I get may see a sell off of the Kimbers. However, those bull barrels sure do shoot well.

Any other suggestions in the CCO arena? Really want to keep around the $1500 range.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Colt Wiley Clapp series has lightweight Commanders and CCO’s. They’re not bad and within your $ range.

The only caveat with these is they use traditional non-ramped barrels. Dan wessons use a ramped barrel.

I say this because with some non-ramped barrels, some Magazines create a small “mark”/dimple/scratch on the aluminum frame from where the fromt of the follower sometimes jumps forward and hits the frame.

Had this with Chip McCormicks and a Colt Lightweight commander i had...Wilsons with plastic followers not an issue...just something to bear in mind. Has NO effect (from what i saw) on function...just aesthetics...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts