1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new CCW insurance carrier and would love to hear who you guys are using and who to stay away from.
I am in Kommiefornia.

·
chicken wings
1,589 Posts
I use USCCA. You get a lot of training information, legal anecdotes from some of their clients, good education partnerships.

Their website sucks. When I signed up they seemed to be the ones to pay upfront and not reimburse.

They have a 1-800 available for non emergency member support for you call and ask questions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a personal liability umbrella policy for a million dollars. Only costs me an additional $40 per year.
I had not considered this route, I will definitely check into it, even if it is a secondary at that price it is worth it. Heaven help us if we ever get into that situation, it will take all the resources available to protect our ass ets.

·
Registered
662 Posts
After a lot of investigation and vacillating on which service to use, I went with CCW Safe. Seemed like the best coverage for the money to me. Your mileage may vary!
I'm leaning that way, too.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I had CCW Safe, but they had trouble billing my card every single month, so I changed to USCCA. I guess I could have paid annually.

Interesting points in here about using your blanket policy. I hadn’t thought about it. I’ve had one for years, and I assume my agent does, too. We’re about the same age and station in life. House, multiple cars, kids in college, etc, etc. He’s also a match director, and hosts training weekends with Vickers, and Hackathorn (before Hack retired last year), so I know he knows insurance, AND firearms. He’s with CCW Safe for what it’s worth.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
CCW Safe.

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,419 Posts
I’m with CCW Safe for the past couple of years. Was with USCCA for a few years before that. I’d say compare the coverage features between those two and see which suits your situation the best.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I went to Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network (ACLDN.)

I like their style, even if their website/promo/advertisements lack against the more commercialized outfits. They're self funded, have a bunch of experts on the board, etc. In the event that I ever have to use it, their coverage seems great on the things that will matter.

$95 per year on renewals, and discounts for multi-year renewal. Reasonable additional charge to add the wife, should that become a factor.

Umbrella policy, self defense insurance, gun collection insurance...feeling like a customer of lots of insurance products.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have USCCA... they pay upfront for legal defense and get it to you ASAP. They also have a VERY good network of 2A lawyers, two of which I happened to meet in person for other legal services. They are very credible attorneys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts