close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nomad, Sep 1, 2011.

1. nomad

nomad Member

Aug 22, 2011
    What does everyone think about the insurance being offered from uscca or the armed citizens defense network? Either one worth the cost, or waste of cash.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    what are they looking to provide against? a civil case? are they going to provide a lawyer if you get sued? What about a criminal case?

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    And here I thought carrying a gun was the insurance. :lol:

Andy

Countryside likes this.
  4. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Look into an Umbrella Policy and attach it to your Homeowners Insurance. It will extend your personal liability coverage. Also, the NRA offers a "Self-Defense" Insurance that is fairly inexpensive and extends the personal liability coverage and help pay court costs, provided you are acquitted of any charges.

5. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Blue Ridge likes this.
  6. jonstahura

jonstahura New Member

Jun 22, 2013
    I am looking into these also. They got the right idea. Society is very quick to judge the use of any firearm in public.

AmPaTerry likes this.
  7. Pangari1

Pangari1 -this space for rent- Supporting Addict

Dec 1, 2011
    I have been looking at the USCC membership just for this.

8. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Seems like at least a good question for your homeowners policy I suppose. I looked at the USCC info and it sounds interesting, I didn't look at premiums or prices though.

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2011
    Something I've been considering myself.

10. TomInLA

TomInLA God, Guns & Country!

Jul 21, 2013
  11. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I said Gold, but it is the Platinum I have. I set it up for annual payments, renewed automatically, and got a discount for that. Just renewed for 237.60, getting over a million in total coverage.

They offer a lifetime at a discount based upon your age, and I am going to look into that -

Also, Tim (president) has lots of give-aways and special priced offers for members. I just bought a bundle of gun reference books at a very substantial discount -

Their magazine, Concealed Carry, has some nice product reviews and articles too -

I don't have any connection to this outfit other than being a customer who believes in speaking out - to the good OR to the bad - concerning consumer things. And I have lived long enough to have a LOT of opinions!

Glock2740 likes this.
  12. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    " And I have lived long enough to have a LOT of opinions!"

Amen!!

Glock2740 likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted