1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
874 Posts
[QUOTE="Bender,

My philosophy, it is better to have it and not use it, than need it and not have it.[/QUOTE]

Great advice!

I live in a town of 15,000. Not a real crime in its history. Well, until the past year. 2 shootings and a car jacking/ rape of an 80yr old lady. I've carried for 4-5 yrs now. Mostly because with my back someone could push me over and it would take me several minutes to get up. It wouldn't take much these days to dis-able me and take my daughter. I carry every day, everywhere I go. 99.999% of the time I don't need it and it can be inconvenient. The whole purpose of carrying is that .0001% of time that I may need it. That 1 time I will be thankfull I didn't find it too inconvenient and unnessecary. The thought of what could happen plays through my mind more than what usually happens. I hope you do stay safe but why take that chance? A safe in your car and a nice Exodus IWB holster could solve that. Plus it's the chance to order a work of art, meet a great guy and buy a new carry gun. Plus it may just save you and your loved one someday. Seems like a win, win, win, win to me.

· Registered
34 Posts
Hope you never end up in a situation where you need one.
So do I....But again the risk is small...My wife and I are far more likely to be killed on the bike by a left hand turner than by a criminal....

My philosophy, it is better to have it and not use it, than need it and not have it.
And that is a valid philosophy...I completely understand.

Have a great 4th...:D

· Registered
561 Posts
I don't trust anybody and am always thinking of how I can kill some SOB around me. I walk fast wherever I go so you would have to run to keep up with me. Never let any body get behind me unless I have scoped them out. Don't go where crowds gather. Been that way since I was a little boy. Just me I guess but has saved my ass a few times.
That's got the making of a good ol Blues tune.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.