1911 Firearm Addicts banner

CDA's Escrow Service Works Great

308 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  36716
With it getting harder to legally ship handguns these days, this worked out great. Just sold my Colt, and decided to use @Chicken Dinner Arms escrow service for the sale. Great communication, very good to have a little more security and shipping was easy. If you are selling online, I highly recommend it. It does add a little to the sale, but that is negligible to prevent any odd problems in a (especially higher end) transaction.

(y)(y)
  • Love
Reactions: 5
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
@Fred_G how does this service actually work?
Reactions: 1
CDA escrow service is top notch! Also good for weeding out the scammer threads on this site LMAO!
so just to be clear..... I go to my FFL send my pistol to another FFL....then receive payment....then CDA sends my pistol to the other FFL
-You ship from your FFL to CDA or CDA can do a shipping label.
-Buyer sends payment in form accepted by CDA.
-Buyer/seller figure out who pays CDA fees and shipping from CDA to buyer FFL.
-When buyer sees pictures of firearm taken by CDA and itemized list of what was shipped, buyer agrees or doesn’t.
-CDA ships Firearm to buyer FFL and payment to seller.
* side note: It’s easier for all if seller includes CDA fees and shipping/insurance in the sale price. Then when the buyer sends acceptable payment, CDA takes out fees and shipping, and sends you the rest. I know it sounds like a lot but it’s extremely simple.
Reactions: 4
so just to be clear..... I go to my FFL send my pistol to another FFL....then receive payment....then CDA sends my pistol to the other FFL
You can get CDA to sell you a shipping label to send to him, buyer sends payment to CDA, he verifies the gun and the cash, then sends cash to seller, gun to buyer. You pay CDA a small fee. My understanding is that CDA sent pictures of my gun to the prospective buyer once he got it, to verify what I was selling.

I am sure you can send via your FFL to CDA if that works for you. In my case, I paid the escrow fee to CDA, the shipping to him, buyer paid shipping to his FFL. Those can be negotiated however you would want to sell or buy.

@TheDK summed it up pretty well.
Reactions: 4
I have several I'm wanting to sell, using CDA's service looks like the way to go.
Reactions: 1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts