1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg
My wife and I have been kept busy helping her parents out: doctors, tests out of town, frantic calls, etc... However, I installed the Challis bushings on my V Bob today, courtesy of the overly generous NEA_1029 - I still can't believe it. The existing bushing would accept stand grips but the grip screws didn't have much meat, so to speak.
I'm not a gunsmith but I did learn something, that being Brian's bushings have probably have, or will, save many poor souls that change out their bushings from losing their religion. The photos show progress but they don't show my trip to the auto parts store for a #2 easy out which I learned was the way to go after turning one screw into a mess during the removal phase; it came out but was sent to the garbage can. Yes, I do have gunsmithing screwdrivers, a soldering iron to loosen up the thread locker and some Kroil penetrating oil. The three dollar easy out was worth it.

·
Administrator
8,105 Posts
What’s up with the A in your serial number? Does that signify a duplicate serial number? Have never seen this on a DW which is why I ask..

·
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What’s up with the A in your serial number? Does that signify a duplicate serial number? Have never seen this on a DW which is why I ask..
Don’t know, now I have something to think about :/

·
Administrator
8,105 Posts
Would make sense It was a duplicate serial number which they just added the A to the beginning to change it. I have seen this with other manufactures but never on a DW. I would imagine DW would be able to tell you why it is marked with the A.

·
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would make sense It was a duplicate serial number which they just added the A to the beginning to change it. I have seen this with other manufactures but never on a DW. I would imagine DW would be able to tell you why it is marked with the A.
I may give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn’t have a V Bob to compare it to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts