Chambers Custom RDS Mounting System IS HERE!

Discussion in 'Chambers Custom Pistols - Obsessibly™ Accurate, Re' started by Joe C, May 11, 2019.

1. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Do you own a 1911 or 2011 that you would like to have a RDS like the Holosun 507c or Trijicon RMR mounted to the slide of with a front mounted BUIS or perhaps no BUIS at all?

Well, I am happy to announce that the first ten CCP RDSM plates have arrived and there are more on the way!

Cost to have the slide milled by one of my certified installers is only $150.00 plus the cost of the plate and return shipping!

You can find out full details regarding purchasing a plate and having it installed at this link: https://www.store.chamberscustom.com/products/chambers-custom-rdms-plate

20190402_162039.jpg 20190412_212844.jpg file3-24.jpeg

2. SCS1911

SCS1911 Failed all therapy

Oct 5, 2012
    That is so sweet!

Jollyroger1 and Joe C like this.

3. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    That looks like a great mount! :grin:

Joe C likes this.
  4. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I like! Curious about the rear sight. Is that a standard offering or are there different options/heights? Email incoming on Monday.

B81 and Joe C like this.
  5. slovan

slovan Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Very cool! I like the rear iron forward better so I’m excited. Is there a reason why the plate is higher in the back than the front?

Joe C likes this.
  6. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    The plate is angled at the same degree as the barrel to ensure there is enough elevation adjustment in the dot as well as have a short front sight.

B81, Kip, Whiten and 7 others like this.
  7. TxTrail80

TxTrail80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 24, 2018
    Great job Joe!

Joe C likes this.
  8. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    That looks really well executed Joe.

Joe C likes this.
  9. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Very well thought out. I would expect nothing less, but still, that's a great point.

Joe C likes this.
  10. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    This is awesome. Im really looking forward to sending some slides off to get milled.

11. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Haven't made the jump to RMR's on pistols do the slides need to be refinished after the milling?

Joe C likes this.
  12. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    All depends on the current finish and who the machinest is that does the work.

salelcid and FWoo45 like this.
  13. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    Had a nice conversation with the machinest today. They are starting the production run tomorrow!

For more information about pricing and lead times contact [email protected] and she will fill you in on the details!

14. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Joe, I have a question about this mount. I wasn’t sure if this thread over another place would be the best location for the question. Please advise.

15. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Pre-order placed. Thanks!

16. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    subbed so I don't forget this for my next 2011 project

Joe C likes this.
  17. John Deere

John Deere Active Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Joe
    Wondering about the rear sight. Does it come with the mount or do you use the original in a new position or do I have to get a new one? Will I need to add a taller front? I see an additional charge for DVC finishes what about Dan Wesson duty finish?

Joe C likes this.
  18. theJanitor

theJanitor Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Joe, if the pistol already has a rear sight milled in (novak, etc), can the plate still be installed? Looks like it's configured for a pistol with a stock rear sight

Joe C likes this.
  19. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    The plate comes with a sight installed on it that is driftable. It is a proprietary sight, which was the only way I could make it work due to space limitations. Depending on the height of your current front sight, you may or may not need a taller one. So far, we are finding that a .185-.215" seems appropriate on most guns for proper 1/3 co-witness. Dan Wesson Duty Finish is melonite, the additional charge would apply due to the finish burning up cutters during the install.

The short answer is yes. I'm going to be doing a slide that had a Novak cut on it very shortly so that everyone can see how it looks.

Kip, B81, Whiten and 3 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted