Change of plans / change of life situation . . . .

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ZoidMeister, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    https://www.shipmygun.com/go/ prices listed individually by state and carrier. This is run by budsgunshop I believe I have had a few different clients and customers use them. A lot of FFLs will receive from individuals..

2. ak_in_ca

ak_in_ca Well-Known Member

May 18, 2020
    I thinned a good portion of my collection over the last few years and realized I had just bought stuff to have it. My collection now im focussing on having guns I truly absolutely love and that are uniquely mine and bring joy to carry, shoot and have rather than opening the safe and just seeing if full, I want to see stuff that means something to me now. Id rather have a smaller amazing collection than a huge collection of just stuff. Good luck thinning your herd

ILED93, boatdoc, dash and 4 others like this.

3. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Please tell us this won’t include the coveted lake bottom 1911

boatdoc and ZoidMeister like this.
  4. Gafanhao

Gafanhao Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2018
    Best of luck but it looks like your handling it just fine. While I'm halfway to your number I've realized last year to start buying only if I will shot it regularly and that's helped a lot. Not sure I would be able to sell more than 2 or 3 guns unless I was financially broke. My FFL receives from individuals just needs to have driver's license copy included in shipment, I'll be checking the classifieds just like most others. Never met you but you appear to be a scholar and a gentlemen, best wishes.

M

5. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
  6. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    Always kind of sad when some blunt force trauma forces us to re-think what we've been doing, but it sounds like you've got your priorities straight now and will be better off for it.

FWIW, I having and looking at smaller collections of stuff. They generally seem to be more thought out and personal.

Good luck! You will probably have some regrets when its all over but the nice thing about this community is that some things aren't necessarily gone forever. If you can, take the downsizing slow. Maybe you can focus the collection more tightly on some date range, region, etc. I think you will be happier in the long run, and have more appreciation for the guns you end up with.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Good points. Thanks.

I believe that it might . . .

In this case, looks can be deceiving.

livinthelife, Roehl, ILED93 and 2 others like this.
  8. jjfitch

jjfitch Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Sorry to hear about "trouble in paradise"!

Recognizing issues is the first step. all too often people wait until it's too late.
    Far too few "collectors" ever see the true results of their efforts. The "self talk" rarely meets reality.

Communication is key to keeping the peace. Listening is the key to successful communicating. We rarely really hear what was being transmitted!

We celebrated our 55th anniversary Thursday. Prior to our marriage we attended pre-marital counselling at our church. Bottom line, the assessment was not encouraging since we are both "type a" personalities and not a chance in hell of success! Internally we each decided to prove them wrong! We give each other space and encourage each other's independence but embrace our common interests.

We both have realized the excesses in our "collecting" and are committed to "downsizing"! Not for financial reasons but simplicity.

I have retired from competition and no longer do firearms training so these firearms are the first to go.....

Downsizing became a reality when dealing with my mother's estate! But that is a totally different issue....

All the best,

FWoo45, livinthelife and ZoidMeister like this.
  9. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Pretty sure you can go straight to FedEx and ship.

ZoidMeister and Harleyvato like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted