1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Deo Volente
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems as if the swamp creatures at ATF are trying a back door move to help facilitate the future compilation of a gun registry!

Check the link from GOA and send a form letter expressing your displeasure.

https://gunowners.org/na02152020/

·
Registered
100 Posts
I grew up in the gun business and we had banker boxes stuffed with 4473s that did nothing but gather dust. The ATF only cared to look when a firearm was used in the commission of a felony.

I've noticed Scottsdale Gun Club and others now using electronic 4473s and bound books. It is easier on the buyer in that you don't have to fill out the entire form after the first time, but I know that once it's in a database, it can be sliced and diced at will.

I'm happy to voice my displeasure.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
signed

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
thanks Sonny

did the petition and donate d too. GOA is a great organization

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Article says ATF would have to photograph the 4473s so that the info could be captured and populated into this potential registry. So I think equally important for everyone to call their dealers and ask them to not let ATF photograph anything. To my knowledge there is no legal requirement to let them do that. And they probably accomplish it thru intimidation. No dealer should be letting ATF take pictures of anything unless a specific one tied to a gun found at a crime scene is being requested.

·
Incurable..... NRA Lifer
453 Posts
Signed

·
EX-IDF Special Forces
189 Posts
Article says ATF would have to photograph the 4473s so that the info could be captured and populated into this potential registry. So I think equally important for everyone to call their dealers and ask them to not let ATF photograph anything. To my knowledge there is no legal requirement to let them do that. And they probably accomplish it thru intimidation. No dealer should be letting ATF take pictures of anything unless a specific one tied to a gun found at a crime scene is being requested.
The ATF knows every firearm's serial number and its movement from manufacturers to dealers and to the consumer. That is the basis of the trade. Making it a bit easier to compile a list won't change much. The list is already in existence.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts