1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changing my underwear! An everyday thing! So, I had the opportunity to get a great deal on a firearm and, well, y'all know how it is right?!:roflmaro: Passed along all my 1911's because of a disability that limited range time. Folks remined me of the great 1911 9MM. So, made a plan to go that direction and someone has to go and offer a deal I just couldn't refuse!:bang: Now this won't be a carry option but, more of a bedside home defense gun. I just ordered an Olight PL Mini Valkyre 2 to put on it.

So what is it you ask?! A Springfield XD Mod 2, 4.0 Service model in .40SW. After holding the gun with a fully loaded 12rd magazine, I realized it might be heavy enough to not hurt my hands and arms to much. Correctamundo! Took it out and it surprisingly is an excellent shooting firearm and very accurate with that round! It was in almost new condition and I just loved the feel.:D

thumbnail_IMG_0082[1].jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0083[1].jpg

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was very surprised at how the recoil spring assembly really reduced the felt recoil on this gun! I'm going to hit the range again this week and get a little more familiar with her. I think I'll call her "Black Betty!":roflmaro::roll:

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Olight PL Mini 2 600 Lumen, in today. Really like the setup now for a bedside boogey deterrent!

thumbnail_IMG_0085[1].jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0086[1].jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0088[1].jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0089[1].jpg

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand what you mean. My carry gun doesn't have a rail and I have a Fenix EDC light. This setup is for my bedside/home defense situations and it does light my little mobile home pretty good.

·
Turgid member
568 Posts
I like my XDM, those Croatians came up with a good design.
Powder River Precision makes great trigger kits for these guns.
I put in a basic one which cut the trigger travel in half, produced a cleaner break and gives a 4 1/2# trigger pull.
https://www.xdtalk.com/ is a wealth of information.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I like the XD series. Accurate and dependable, priced right.
My only two polymer framed pistols.

32FA74EA-94BF-45CD-9965-DB3B0B0E39EF.jpeg

The XD40 with the light/green laser is my nightstand gun. The XD9 Sub Compact for occasional carry. 12!rd mags in each.
123E8E32-D285-4300-9BA6-ACFF3A393371.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts