close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cheap Sportsman's Guide mags

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by 11101110111, Sep 15, 2011.

1. 11101110111

11101110111 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=43373

Anyone ever used these? I bought a few to test out for range mags, and because they are very cheap. Long story short, I received them in the mail today and they won't fit any of my 1911s. They are extremely tight and the only way I could get them in was to slam them in. I had to use pliers to get them out though. I realize they are cheap as hell and didn't expect Wilson or CMC quality, but I figured if there were any issues it would be with feeding, not with fitting in the gun.

I'm considering trying to resize them or just sending them back, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with them and if so, if there were the same problems.

Thanks guys,
    John

2. beasleydano

beasleydano New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I say send them back. No telling how many of these POS mags have been sold by SG. I am surprised that they still sell them.

3. 11101110111

11101110111 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Probably the right choice here. I was hoping based on the reviews I could get some cheap mags for the range that worked reasonably well. I'd rather spend my money on ammo or reloading gear than 20 or more 47Ds. I think I'll put in an order for some bulk mags instead. :nod:

4. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
  5. 11101110111

11101110111 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Those are pretty cheap. Any issues with them if you have experience with them?

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The Sportsmansguide is bad JUJU.. I bought a bunch of stuff one time and they offered me something like $50 off and a free club membership. Evey few months for the next year they sent me pre-approved credit card offer, which I tossed. Sometime after that I was looking over my credit report and saw they had hit my report every time.. a half dozen hits in one year, looking like I was trying to get a credit card.. I'm done with them and their cheap @#$ stuff.. JMO.. Ron

7. 11101110111

11101110111 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I've had good and bad experiences from them. I'm thinking I'm done buying from them after this one though. I don't think I've gotten any credit card offers, but I'll keep a lookout on my credit report in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

Side note though, I emailed them about the problem. They responded with a prepaid UPS label and instructions on returning it free of charge. They also asked me if I wanted an exchange or a refund. I think I'll go for the refund and grab some more CMC SS. Not the greatest mags, but they work for range mags with ball ammo. Unless someone has experience on a better suggestion?

8. DustyJacket

DustyJacket New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Remember, cheap is not the same as inexpensive.

With magazines, you don't get what you don't pay for.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted