1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=43373

Anyone ever used these? I bought a few to test out for range mags, and because they are very cheap. Long story short, I received them in the mail today and they won't fit any of my 1911s. They are extremely tight and the only way I could get them in was to slam them in. I had to use pliers to get them out though. I realize they are cheap as hell and didn't expect Wilson or CMC quality, but I figured if there were any issues it would be with feeding, not with fitting in the gun.

I'm considering trying to resize them or just sending them back, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with them and if so, if there were the same problems.

Thanks guys,
John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably the right choice here. I was hoping based on the reviews I could get some cheap mags for the range that worked reasonably well. I'd rather spend my money on ammo or reloading gear than 20 or more 47Ds. I think I'll put in an order for some bulk mags instead. :nod:

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
The Sportsmansguide is bad JUJU.. I bought a bunch of stuff one time and they offered me something like $50 off and a free club membership. Evey few months for the next year they sent me pre-approved credit card offer, which I tossed. Sometime after that I was looking over my credit report and saw they had hit my report every time.. a half dozen hits in one year, looking like I was trying to get a credit card.. I'm done with them and their cheap @#$ stuff.. JMO.. Ron

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had good and bad experiences from them. I'm thinking I'm done buying from them after this one though. I don't think I've gotten any credit card offers, but I'll keep a lookout on my credit report in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

Side note though, I emailed them about the problem. They responded with a prepaid UPS label and instructions on returning it free of charge. They also asked me if I wanted an exchange or a refund. I think I'll go for the refund and grab some more CMC SS. Not the greatest mags, but they work for range mags with ball ammo. Unless someone has experience on a better suggestion?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Remember, cheap is not the same as inexpensive.

With magazines, you don't get what you don't pay for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts