1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here but I've been posting on other forums for a number of years. Been shooting and carrying 1911s for a number of years too.

The first one was in 1970 when my OIC in Vietnam handed me his issue 1911A1 in it's holster and said to take care of it for him. He didn't like handguns and didn't want to be bothered with it. I got an NCO to show me how to take it apart and carried it for 6 months, until the Captain was transfered.

My next one came when I got off probation after the academy. My department decided to authorize semi automatics if you could qualify with one. That was in April of 1974. I had recently bought a MK IV Series 70 GM and carried one model or other of Colt 45 ACP for the rest of my LEO career.

My first duty gun, in the academy and immediately after, was a Model 28-2 357 Magnum. I still have an affinity for N-frame S&Ws too but when I pick up a Government Model it's like shaking hands with an old, trusted friend.

Hope to pick up some bits of knowledge and maybe pass on a thing or two I've learned over the years.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Tank you for your years of service!!!

:welcometo:
Snicker. Yes tank you very much for your service and welcome aboard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts